Food pics and Recipes

Options
helenoftroy1
helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
I'll start:
Chilli lentil soup:
food3-1.jpg
(lentils, water, pork stock cube, chilli. Boil. Blend. Bish bosh bash) 169cals per serving

onion fritters
food2.jpg
(onions, courgette/zuchinni, egg, flour. Mix. oven bake. Bish bosh bash) 40cals each

Turkey curry
curry.jpg
Brown rice, turkey meat, extra light Philadelphia, spinach, chickpeas. 385 cals per serving

crab spinach omelette
photo.jpg
Two eggs, crab meat tin of, spinach, add potato if needed. 347 cals (with potato)

Replies

• helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Did you watch the Hairy Dieters TV series? I cooked the Chilli Salad Bowls from last night's episode tonight (except I made my filling without meat) and they were really yummy. The kids were really impressed by the bowls made from tortilla wraps :happy:

This is the recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chilli_salad_bowls_22404
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    yeah I saw that, they did look amazing. very impressed with all their cooking healthy recipes. They have a cook book out now I believe based on that series.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Mmm! Looks Delish! X
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hot smoked mackerel salad - 557 calories - and I grew the tomatoes myself :smile:

smoked-mackeral-salad.jpg
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    that looks awesome!!! I'm a wuss when it comes to spring onions I never eat the whole thing, going to make a concerted effort to eat the whole thing not just the juicy end bit!
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just made a batch of Apple and Blackberry Jam (pip-free!) - apples from my allotment and blackberries picked from the field next door. Used this recipe http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/blackberry-and-apple-jam-recipe-430/. Anyone else fancy a go?

I've been avoiding jam but just looked up the calories and only 50 cal a tablespoon so it's back on the menu!

Also had homegrown runner beans for dinner and I have a mountain of beetroot to get through tomorrow, maybe a batch of pickle next....
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    that sounds yummy! I keep meaning to take a picture of my dinner and post it but I literally inhale my food!!! ha ha!
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yea, me too!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    fishsupper.jpg

My dinner. Fish, veg and potatoes. 350 cals and full up now!
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Keep forgeting to post pics, sorry will try harder ;-)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one!! By the time I get round to eating I'm so hungry, taking a pic of it goes straight out of my head!! Nevermind uploading it to a storage site and then posting here!!

I will try to do better, will see if I can post a link to pics posted on Instagram,
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Just made a batch of Apple and Blackberry Jam (pip-free!) - apples from my allotment and blackberries picked from the field next door. Used this recipe http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/blackberry-and-apple-jam-recipe-430/. Anyone else fancy a go?

I used to make my own jam and chutney, still got some left from last year. Not making it this year, it is just too delicious and one slice is just not enough.

Instead I am putting my fresh fruit into fresh fruit salads for the time being