Getting depressed

I need help starting off, I thought I was doing it right the first two weeks but I'm not sure now. I started of on 1200 calorie/day and increased to 1390 & 1490 the same week- Last week I increased to 1590 & 1690. Even though I eat that many calories my NET is somewhere around 1200 cal/day.
I'm 18
5'7"
150 lbs

I had lost down to 146 lbs the first week, and thought I was doing good! This week I didn't have a scale, and the number increased a bit more. I exercise somewhere from between 4-5 times a week with Turbo Jam. I'm going to cut out the refined carbs, and eat more complex carbs instead. I have a tight budget of only $60-90/month for groceries. So it's been basically hard per say this past week. I'm also a stay at home army wife, and lay in bed all day to play video games. When I don't workout- I'm just sitting on my bed or sleeping. So would this be considered sedentary still? Can someone please confirm how many calories I'm suppose to be eating... I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I watched the EM2WL videos on Youtube, and the post "in a place of a road map" on mfp but I am still stuck on what to do...!

Replies

• Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    If it helps any- I am feeling starving sometimes still because I feel unsatisfied at eating 1500-1600 calories a day with a NET of 1200. That's why I'm going to put off exercise for a bit to see what happens.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I quickly plugged in your information into this website: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Your BMR is 1531 and your TDEE is 1837, with a 15% cut of 1561 This is based on sedentary level. Im not sure what you should be, since with 4-5 days a week doing an hour of turbo jam, you are technically lightly active, But if you are literally doing nothing but lying in bed all day the rest of the time, then you would be sedentary... There are two ways you can do it... eat at the sedentary level, and then eat back your exercise cals that you burn... Or you go up to lightly active which is a Cut value of 1789, and then you dont worry about eating back exercise cals.
    Either way you probably end up about the same spot, eating about 1750 cals a day.

Hope this helps
  • If you're exercising 4-5 hours a week you're probably moderately active. I have similar stats to you, apart from I'm 42 not 18, sadly. I am 5'8, 147 lbs and exercise for 6-7 hours a week. I have been eating 1850 cals a day. I am probably more active than you day to day though, as I work full time and live in London so walk a fair bit. I also exercise my friend's dogs a couple of times a week.

You need to be patient as you don't have much to lose and this is not a quick fix programme. Easier said than done, I know!