Joining the group!

Options
Hi! I'm a 54-year-old woman living in Maine. I'm looking for support for my weight loss and fitness journey! Seven to eight years ago I lost 25 pounds and got pretty close to my goal weight. Now, here I am, back to where I was plus 5 pounds. My daughter is getting married next June, and that is providing me with a goal date for taking off this weight. I'm looking forward to getting to know the others in this group and supporting each other! :)

Replies

• pattyann1112
    Options
    Hi! I too am a 54 year old woman and I live in Pennsylvania. I joined MFP about 6 weeks ago and it's great! I look forward to sharing my weight loss journey with other gals in the same boat. ....Patty
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm Sherry. I'm too am 54. I'll send each of you a friend request. Welcome to our group. We haven't been very active as of yet but I'm hoping that will change. But, either way, as friends we can support each other.
  • OKSage
    OKSage Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi girls! I'm Lynn and live in Oklahoma. I'm fifty something......I quit keeping track....

I'd really like to lose 30 pounds but it is sooooo hard for me. Seems I almost have to starve to do it. I don't drink pop, don't crave sweets but I do like to eat. :) I have stayed pretty active. I have done some type of exercise for at least 30 years. Right now I'm walking alot because jogging didn't do my knees any favors. I just purchased 10 Minute Trainer, so I'm hoping to burn a few more calories and tone up.
  • choicewords
    choicewords Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined group. One month from 58. First diet at age 11. Up and down via every method from diet pills (Rx) to Jenny, WW, Nutrisystem, hypnosis, acupuncture, decades of therapy/analysis and, finally gastric bypass. 8 years since surgery, still still 88 lbs lower than top weight - but nearly 40 lbs more than lowest post-surgery weight. Trying to lose back 30 lbs through calorie counting, tracking and low carb diet. But, dammit, I love to eat! Need anonymous support - without attending meetings and holding hands and praying. LOL
  • msstallion38
    Options
    anyone here?