Is it possible to diet on holiday?

Ok...I joined operation hottify last week weighing 11st and have managed to gain 3.5lb by having just 4 days away. Is it just me that associates holidays with "eat anything and everything that you fancy and yes that includes the buffet breakfast!!" Now have 7 weeks to lose 10lb before I go to America. How much will I gain there????:wink:

Replies

• I 100% agree, holidays are dangerous *kitten* that unleash my inner greed monster.

I did once stick religiously to a diet on holiday in Spain in 2005 and I was very smug about it. I haven't done it since though.

I think you have to decide really....if dieting on the holiday will make you miserable on the holiday, just eat what you want. Try and be a bit less greedy than normal 'holiday portions' (I like to visit the buffet four times at breakfast) but otherwise relax.

OR decide if you will be more miserable when you get home and see the scales than you would be dieting on the holiday? What's the lesser of two evils? You need a REALLY supportive family/boyfriend/hubby/kids on holiday for it to work in my experience. It's hard to swap ice cream for lollies but at least the salads etc tend to be better abroad.

I was at an air show yesterday surrounded by truck food - doughnuts, chips, milkshakes, crepes, pizza, burgers, hot dogs CHIPS. That was the hardest day of Op Hottify for me so far, as I wanted all of it....and a couple of weeks ago I would have eaten all of it! I managed to ignore it (did involve sulking) but to see I'd lost weight this morning made the sacrifice worth it.

So yes, a tricky one! I think we all over indulge on hols so the main thing is to make sure you won't beat yourself up about it if you DO go kray...and to make sure it doesn't creep into changing eating habits at home.

Obvs it's good to be good, but it's also bloody hard sometimes! Holiday boozing doesn't exactly help either :-s

x
  • Having put half a stone on during NY/Barcelona/LFW travels I would like to confirm it is not possible to diet on holiday :(