Sumo squat + tri dip issues

Options
Iron_Feline
Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
I'm starting workout 3 for phase one but having real issues with the sumo squats with the triceps dip (weights behind head). Individually I can do both no issue - but put together it really hurts my back - clearly I'm squatting off form.

Any tips would be wonderful - I just did them separately on the second set, but not sure that's the best way.

Thanks all

(oh NSV - 3 whole grown up push ups today :happy: )

Replies

• PierdoPeso
    Options
    Modify, modify, modify! Don't squat as deeply, use lighter weights, or both. Build up to where you want to be. Even repeat a week if you have to.
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try not to spread your feet so far apart, that made it much tolerable. Usually if you lift a weight over your head and it hurts your lower back that mean the weight is too heavy, go down a size or two
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - tragically I'm on my lowest weight, though that is 1.5kg which isn't light light :tongue: . I'll try some different modifications before I do the workout again and figure out what works best for me.
  • rclay316
    rclay316 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If possible try doing the move in front of a mirror. then you can see exactly what youre doing incorrectly. Make sure your tailbone is tucked and back if flat. Possible try with one weight vs two (yes i know Jillian wants two) but for the sake of form, its not gonna hurt.
  • bbateman123
    bbateman123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Another thing, I was thinking you could try would be to use 1 heavier dumbell, but do the press with both hands. I.E put the weight ends on each hand and press up.