My Dexa Scan results after only 8 NROL4W workouts!

Options
jamkat
jamkat Posts: 77 Member
Hello Ladies! I thought I would share some of my NROL4W progress with you.

I had a Dexa Scan done on 5/8/12. Among other stats, the scan showed me how many pounds of muscle tissue and fat tissue I had :mad: . I left the office disgusted but excited to keep up with the Insanity program that I was only 1.5 wks into. That very night I fell with all my body weight on my left knee. The bruising (from knee to ankle) took just shy of 1 month to go away. So needless to say I didn't get back to Insanity and other than 2-3 walks in my neighborhood, I didn't do any other exercise.

During the time by knee was healing, I read enough of "Wheat Belly" (recommended by the doctor) to make the decision to cut wheat products and processed foods out of my diet and I started eating much cleaner. I also found this group and bought NROL4W.

My 1st NROL4W workout was on 7/1. I had only gotten to 4B of stage 1 when it was time for my follow-up Dexa Scan on 8/7. In only 8 workouts following NROL4W, I lost 3.48 lbs of fat tissue and gained 3.13 lbs of muscle tissue!!! I gained 1.1 lbs on the scale but my BF percentage went down 2.2pp! The doctor was very impressed with my progress in such little time. I promise you that I did not do any other workouts (cardio or strength training) than the 8 NROL4W sessions which lasted 30-40 mins each.

As of now I will be doing 7A on 8/28. Since I started the program I've had a few wks when I could only get to the gym once so that has put me behind schedule. I was ecstatic that last week on 6B I dead lifted 100lbs - 3 sets of 10!!

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share my progress with all the lovely ladies already doing the program. Thank you for all of your posts! If it weren't for the information I got from you I never would have heard of the program or bought the book. Also, anyone who is thinking about starting NROL4W and those who are afraid to give up their hours of cardio and pick up some weights, I want you to know that weight lifting works!

I also urge every woman to read about Staci:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Have a great week!!!

Replies

• SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good job on your results!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Wow! JamKat that is great news!

Happy lifting!
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jamkat that is impressive!!
    Scientific "evidence" that the program works!!
    although we already knew that :-)

Good luck with the rest of the program!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I just did 3 B today, and I can see the difference already. My sessions are only about 20 minutes though. I know they'll get longer as the program goes on, but how did your first sessions last 30-40 minutes? I'd love to stretch mine longer.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I often post Staci's story. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Congrats on your progress! Keep up the hard work.
  • jamkat
    jamkat Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I just did 3 B today, and I can see the difference already. My sessions are only about 20 minutes though. I know they'll get longer as the program goes on, but how did your first sessions last 30-40 minutes? I'd love to stretch mine longer.

Actually just the lifting portion is closer to 25 mins for me. 30-40 includes a warm up, stretching and cool down stretching. I also probably stretch it out because the "short" workout still doesn't feel right. I've been so used to hour+ long workouts that I feel guilty finishing up so soon. Pretty silly I guess!

Thanks ladies!!!