Busted knee & unable to exercise

Options
Hi Guys,

So I've busted my knee (oh so sexy swollen mess right now), not really sure how I've done it, but think it's probably a combination of sucky imune system/over training. I know I'm not going to be able to work out on it, as I can't stand! Feeling pretty rubbish about the whole thing - does any one have any suggestions of what to do now??

S x

Replies

• chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Do yo do yoga? Some of the more simpler moves that won't be painful on your knee might be a nice idea. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

I know what it's like to want to exercise and not being able to, anytime I get ready to exercise and have a seizure before the workout - remember, I have epilepsy - the routine's a no-go. Ticks me off every time, but that's all that can be done, right? So try that and try the ice/heat routine. Ice it for a few minutes, then apply heat to relax it. And, of course, my fave for pain, plenty of Tylenol!!! LOL :laugh:
  • Poppy_WIWT
    Options
    Owwwww, sorry to hear that! I'd give it time to get better, then start to use it gently with swimming. At every gym I've ever used there's been a machine where you pedal with your hands (?!) I don't know what it's called....erm...I'm not being very helpful! But it seems to specifically be for people with lower body injuries, I've seen people in wheelchairs use it. It's like a bike for arms!

If you're a member of a gym speak to a PT there and they'll be able to suggest something. If you can still do some strength work on upper body or things like sit ups then that will all burn calories whilst the knee gets some TLC.

Feel better xxx
  • cambridgegirl309
    cambridgegirl309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks lovelies :-) Currently pumped full of revolting painkillers that induce vomiting. So I can't eat or move. There's an irony here somewhere.... xx