Forward and now ... Backwards

Options
FourLynne
FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
My first week on MFP resulted in a 2lb weight loss.

My second week, not so good. I gained 4lbs! However, I will say I know that I messed up. Caved to emotional eating.

The good news, I stopped drinking soda ... soda-free for two days!

If anyone would like to friend me, please send me an invite! I would love the support! Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I drank up to 4 cans of mtn dew a day and gave it up cold turkey. I may have a sprite once a month!!! Good Job giving it up!!!
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I figure soda is empty calories and not really helping me with the nutrients I really need. The scale is not budging yet but I'm holding for some reason. I 'm hoping by the end of this week to see a decrease!:smile:
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job on giving up the soda!! I too gave it up awhile back and just have it on occasion. Drink mostly just water now
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    KUDOS on the progress, FourLynne!

I gave up 'real' soda years ago,
    when i found out each glass contains about 26 teaspoons of sugar. Plus, sugar makes me sleepy,:yawn: always has. I get a lil rush and then i crash.........zzzzzzzzzzzz

I do drink diet soda now and then. Lol, i like FLAT diet soda. It's what i drink when i socialize. Sometimes i add rum, sometimes i don't.
    I open a bottle and let it sit out for a day prior to drinking it, to get the bubbles out. I actually prefer using liter bottles of diet soda.

My best pal keeps a bottle of flat diet soda at her house, :laugh: for when i visit,
    otherwise, i tend to lug my own flat diet soda around with me.

If it's after 5pm, i only drink flat, diet caffeine-free soda.
    Now, after YEARS of never drinking sugary sodas,
    now
    if i ever do accidentally get a sugar-filled soda,
    YUCK! IT TASTES LIKE SYRUP IN A GLASS TO ME NOW. :sick: shiver!!

Yes, i think your choice to knock out sugary sodas is a GREAT FIRST STEP!!!:drinker:

and do hang in there, i am new too,
    and have already found,
    for me,
    it is taking a bit of three steps forward,
    one step backward,
    to get going on steady basis, too. I had bad habits for a long time,:blushing:
    it will take me a bit of time to develop new ones to be solid like a rock.

But i will not give up...i feel like i AM inching towards a better eating plan, and learning how to use portion control.

Even on days i mess up, i tell myself, "there is always tomorrow to do better".:bigsmile:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Just heard this piece on which post 50 women lose weight and keep it off:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/08/29/160113054/boomer-women-prove-they-can-dine-out-and-still-lose-weight

Answer: those who stop drinking soda and eating cookies.

So congratulations!