Eating more

Options
Butlavie
Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
Hello all

I am 3 months out my RNY and I have improved drastically with eating. Some foods my body just doesn't like. I am concerned that I might stretch my pouch..its always in the back of my mind especially since my appetite increased.. I eat very small but more often about every 3 hours. Is this common or should I worry..just dont want to get off track.

Replies

• Teenalou
    Teenalou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 8 months out from RNY and can eat more now. I too worry about stretching my pouch. I am interested in other's experiences.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am able to eat more now, I think that is normal. I cant possibly eat like I used to...nor do I want to. Some days I have "picky pouch" days and cant eat much, some days I can eat pretty well. I am still losing weight so I am figuring I must be doing something right :) I know my pouch is still working for me since it kicks me in the butt sometimes and reminds me to stay on track!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm at 3 months and I worried about stretching for a bit too. For me the problem was that I could still put away some serious amounts of popcorn, of course the truth is it dissolves and the shells don't take up much space but I still got worried. I noticed that I still eat about a cup or less if it's solid food and I try to take 30 minutes to do that, If there are "heavy" or "dense" solids like meat, verses say egg or veg I also think I eat less volume overall. I tried to go back to drinking a shake as a meal a few days in a row, just to see if I felt full, and i did, so I stopped fretting about it and am trying to worry about quality of food and just stopping when I'm comfortable so I don't stretch anything dramatically too soon.