Do protein shakes bloat you?

melissaw1232
melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
Ok I was never really into protein shakes but in an attempt to up my protein im relying on shakes once or twice a day. Im finding that after a 2 day break from the shakes my stomach seems flatter and less bloated. I have 2 theories and would like to get other opinions on whats happenning here. One is that the shakes are bloating me. I use 1% milk plus protein.

My second theory is that the ab exercises themselves are causing my stomach to protrude and after the 2 day break the swelling goes down.

So does anyone think that its the protein thats bloating me? has anyone else experienced this? and if so do you recommned using another brand or protein? Im currently using gold standard whey protein cookies and cream (which I love; but will break up with it if its bloating me,lol)
Thanks all!

Replies

• jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I can't say I've had any issues with bloating from the protein powder. But it's possible that you are and may need to try a different brand with different ingredients?
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    bloating from whey protein is quite common, try an instantized whey or if that doesn't work try soy or pea protein.

Look for companies that do small sample packs that you can try, i'm in the UK and use bulkpowders and myprotein :)