Exercise--what do YOU do?

Options
alanabanana01
alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
I like my JUST DANCE on the Wii, and Richard Simmons "Disco Sweat" really DOES make me sweat! I think that a zumba dvd would be fun too.

Alana

Replies

• blesssedmomof4
    blesssedmomof4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba for the Wii and it is not as hard as taking a class with an instructor in front of you, but it will still kick my butt. Its really worth the investment and its great as long as the blinds are pulled and everyone else has went to bed...lol!
  • chrissy198727
    chrissy198727 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Gym equipment, Just Dance for kinect, and recreation activities like bowling.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Pre-trainer I mostly walked and did the couch to 5k program (walk/jog) because I've always wanted to do a 5k. With a trainer I do a lot of high intensity cardio and weight lifting high reps. He says when I go to the gym om my own I should be doing the elliptical for optimum results and low impact to my knees. He says on the elliptical I should rotate doing one minute walking and one minute running back and forth for 35minutes.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good answers! I am going to check out the zumba for wii, sounds great! And I have been wondering about the elliptical for being low impact to my knees---one of my poor old knees is about ready to give up the ship! So I try to stay non-impactful.
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I swim
    I love love love swimming!
  • HardmanP
    HardmanP Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Swim! I have a back yard above ground pool, I have actually created a good strenous work out for our pool!
    Walk, Fast paced with one of the dogs in the evening. jog as much as I feel like I can for now. I am just starting out..
    DvD's I have one of the Biggest Loser Work outs for DVD
    Gym at work - this one is actually not my favorite, even though a valuable resource, I like the eliptical machine.
    Xbox with Kenect - I love to do wall breaking and Yoga

I know, I am all over the place, but you need to keep it interesting right?
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Swimming and my boot camp group. Our trainer is awesome! I want to try more Zumba but I have to work on it to build up the cardio endurance. I can do it but I really struggle toward the end of the class.
  • Theocian74
    Theocian74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like to do dance central on Kinect. I also like long walks. And House work of course. I'm seeing about a gym member ship again in Oct at Anytime Fitness.
  • 256Sept12
    Options
    i go to zumba class everyday. Been going for 2 weeks and it's great.
    tomorrow i'm going to a zumba glow party...2.5 hours of zumba under blacklights. Can't wait
  • roundtherink
    Options
    I swim a lot, however, in another few weeks I think the water will be too cold. (I live in central FL).
    I also power walk, with spurts of jogging, trying to build up to all jogging. Once the humidity gets better here, I will start riding my bike again.
  • NdianJourney
    Options
    I do different at home methods. I have a wii, and work out a lot with the Wii Fit. I work out to the Leslie Sansome Walk away the pounds videos. I also have a walking track close to my house so I walk when weather permits.