Constantly freezing

Since I started losing weight 3 years ago I've been getting really cold, almost to the point where it hurts me.. Thing is, last month I ate 2500 calories per day and all of a sudden I stopped freezing. Right now I'm eating at 1800-1900 calories but I've started to really freeze again - does this mean I need to up my intake or?

Replies

• audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 161 Member
    bump! I wear jackets in the dead of summer...I'd love some feedback on this!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I think you should have your thyroid checked out.
  • I had it checked out three weeks ago - it was fine, so I'm guessing that's not the problem.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Were you losing weight at 2500?

You could try a smaller cut, and just go to 2250.
  • AmandaI83
    AmandaI83 Posts: 21 Member
    I have the same problem. For the longest time I was eating about 1200 calories or less :huh: I found out the hard way this was NOT good. So now I am up to 2300 a day and even still...my fingers and toes are always icicles. I wear 2 shirts to work and always have a jacket on, usually gloves as well. Our office is usually about 77 degress and when I don't have gloves on my rings constantly spin around on my fingers. I had my thyroid checked out last month and all is well. What gives??? I am glad to know that I am not the only one with this problem though..
  • Were you losing weight at 2500?

You could try a smaller cut, and just go to 2250.

Well it was 2500 calories worth of low carb diet and I lost water weight, but nothing beyond that...

I'll see what has happened on the scale/my measurements in about three weeks and after that I'll up my calories further if nothing has happened.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    I get cold easier now than I did when I was bigger. I think that as you lose fat, you lose what protects you from cold? IDK, I am probably making this up. I always have a light jacket with me to wear in the office.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    After I did a VLCD for about a year I started having the freezing-all-the-time issue, but it has totally gone away once I started feeding myself...

Are you balancing your macros now? 40/30/30? You mentioned low carb previously...