Body Revolution newbie help

Hi This is my first post. I signed up for myfitnesspal a couple months ago but haven't really used any of the tools yet. I'm on week 5 of Jillian's Body Revolution workouts. However I'm repeating week 4 since workouts 3 and 4 have been tough. Anyone else feel the same? I've decided to push on to workouts 5 & 6 next week even if I'm still struggling. I know I'm getting stronger but wishing the results were coming faster of course. The scale isn't moving much and I know I need to stay off the scale but that's hard to do. Still can't do plank to crescent ??? the way they do it in the video but I kept up today even though I swing my foot to the side. My drive is starting to waver but I have to keep at it. Time to work on eating better.

Replies

• tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    OMG I HATE PLANK TO CRESCENT! Don't feel discouraged about repeating week 4. I did the same thing. Actually, I did it with weeks 1-2 as well. I did weeks 5-6 videos last week for the first time as well as cardio 2 even though it was actually my 7th week on the program. I feel like it takes me the first week of doing the new videos to get the moves down enough to feel like I'm actually getting a good workout. Even after 3 weeks of doing videos 3 and 4 I STILL couldn't do plank to crescent as well as I thought I should, although I did get better. I figure that gives me a goal to shoot for if I decide to do another round of BR. As she says, there's always an up button and I'm not doing a lot of the moves nearly as well as I know I will be able to once I'm finished with the first round. Just keep going. I don't any of the things as well as they do on the video but as long as I'm doing them to the best of my current ability I feel like progress will come. As far as the scale go, I too wish the numbers were moving down faster. I've only lost about 8 lbs (as of last week's weigh-in, will weigh-in tomorrow for this week) but I know part of that is because I am building muscle, which I can see and feel, and because my diet has wavered a bit. I drank a bit (ok a lot) a couple of weekends and the scale showed it. Anyway, my point is DON'T GIVE UP! Btw, in videos 5-6 you will have to do some more equally awkward yoga poses. I have absolutely no yoga experience so I find these things to be the most difficult. But hey, I'm learning I guess.

*Oh, one thing about the plank to crescent, I noticed it was easier if I was wearing tight fitting yoga pants that cut off just below the knee as opposed to the pants I started out with which were just kind of baggy through the entire leg. I actually noticed that yoga pants helped me do all the exercises better. Plus, the tread on my shoes was really excellent because they were new shoes and it was kind of getting caught on my carpet so I switched to older shoes with worn down tread. This also helped for tree pose when you have to put your foot on your thigh.

Anyway, sorry this is long. Friend me if you wanna know what's coming since I'm a week or so ahead of you.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Yes Plank to Crescent is tough! It really gets your glutes. I feel clumsy and awkward doing it. I have a really hard time with the crab - i can hold myself up fine, but my elbows feel like they're going to pop when I lower down.

I have the hardest time doing the balancing on one foot (tree, stork and now the liberty). I have the hardest time with the

I did Workout 6 yesterday for the first time and messed up my lower back. I think was during the reverse plank or stork.