Activities

Options

Replies

• missbrittany23
    missbrittany23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i agree , cause my exercises are done @ home w/ot equipment and i do alot of walkingand workout videos
  • cs821
    cs821 Posts: 48
    Options
    Walking's Good, maybe a certain amount of miles a day??? Google Maps can help work out distances between routes for members.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There could be a challenge that involves distance so anyone could walk or run it. And another challenge could be number of minutes working out. That way it would include classes, videos, or at home workouts. Maybe one week we can be challenged to try something new. Just some thoughts.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of specific activities but imagine it can be hard to find one thing that everyone can do (example bad knees prevents running or squats)... so maybe having a couple different things from which to choose...

I also like the idea of adding on time to our own regular routine... for instance... part of my goal is to achieve 10,000 steps daily (walking) so you might say add an additional 2,000 steps, or 15 additional minutes, or try a new workout...

this is going to be fun... and I love how involved everyone is!:flowerforyou:
  • B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a challenge and perfect timing -- thanks for setting this up! :flowerforyou:

I'm up for anything, though having a choice would be nice. How about an 'eat your vegetables' challenge? That's one area where I often need a push.

Barb
  • taras24
    taras24 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am very excited. I have never done all this online before especially a challenge. I think it is going to help me keep motivated as you need the support, as it is very hard to lose weight without it! And the fact that other people are going to be loking at your scales as well as you! I like to make myself get up and do lunges or pushups during ad breaks on tv or even just do a lap of the house (its not a very nig house haha). Or when im dong the dishes or putting laundry away I do squats at the same time. Just little things to include more exercise :smile:
  • lisa27midd
    Options
    I'm starting 30 minutes of Wii fit exercises in the morning with my niece. Then if I have time after work, a 20 minute bike ride or walk with my dog. As soon as I find I am breathing better, I am attempting the 30 Day Shred. I plan on doing what I can each day and set a goal to be on my feet doing something (housework, walk, errands) until 7PM.
  • Ninabee150
    Ninabee150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like water aerobics, my WATP tapes, walking and riding my Trifecta :tongue:
  • dawnschrecengost66
    dawnschrecengost66 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I second and third many of the great ideas...walking...jogging....minutes of exercise...even somewhere I saw once where people accumulated miles as if they were walking across the county.

I'm very excited to have stumbled upon this group, it will be a huge help to me for the fall when I tend to turn into a hermit, and stop doing anything !!!!
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i enjoy walking with my dog or bike riding
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Aerobics, kick boxing, weight lifting, walking. Something that all of us can do that doesn't require special equipment or a gym.
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I need some strength exercises. So ideas along this line would be great.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    walking and weight lifting
  • Bondgirlforever
    Bondgirlforever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ideas:

Cardio Burn Challenge- Burn 3,500 cals for a week!
    Steps Challenge-Walk 10,000 steps a day!
    Child's Play-Do something with your child that is active OR if you don't have a child do something you did when you were one!
    Card Challenge-Deck of cards is all that is needed, grab a deck and draw at least 5 cards. Each suit has a different exercise attached to it and each card "number" is the number of sets or reps you do!

Gosh, I have so many of these things!
  • hruncie
    hruncie Posts: 2
    Options
    my knees are shot so I mainly ride my bike, no impact, but I will go for a walk every once in a while....
  • brendakerr67
    brendakerr67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I workout from home. I do have weights, workout videos, and a treadmill.
    I think some core exercises would be a good thing to work on.

I am excited to start this challenge!
  • Rose2Power
    Options
    Well that's a good question considering not everyone goes to the gym or anything like that. I do Insanity so I'm up for anything b/c nothing is harder than Insanity ha :)
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    to avoid the needing certain equiptment problem maybe have an alternative available for those who have diddly squat. Doesnt matter if there completely different just keeps everyone feeling involved :)
    x
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would say rather than a specific activity, make it activity. To maybe atleast do x amount of times a week or so many minutes a day?! :flowerforyou:
  • theinsanityofme
    theinsanityofme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't have access to any gym equipment, the nearest gym to me is a 60 mile round trip. Also haven't heard of some of the things people say they do so please make sure the challenge is clearly explained. Looking forward to starting 1st Sept.