September Challenge!!

Options
Hi Everyone!!

How did August go? I think many people met their goals and even surpassed them! I know our challenge kept me moving this month!

Here is the Check In spot for September! We have a couple days left in August, but I thought this would give us some time to figure out a new goal! We can all challenge ourselves to go as far as we think we can. Your own goal for the month is up to you! Like to run, want to walk, or even ride your bike? Set a number of miles or minutes you want to do any of these activities, and then check in every so often to let us all know how you're doing. :) Get creative, the real goal is to get us moving and challenging ourselves to do a little more every month!

We're all here to get healthy and support each other, and hopefully this provides a little extra motivation! Lets take on September!!

Replies

• xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have 33 days until I have to run that half. I need to move this month or I may die a sweaty, smelly death. :)
  • chadacre
    chadacre Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did my 50 miles this month and will aim for 60 miles. Not sure if this is possible as will be away for half of September but it's good to have a project! Good luck to everybody. I think I may start this challenge early.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    Sounds excellent, Ladies! :)

I was going to go from 50 miles in August to 60 miles in September, but xkdrowex gave me an extra push and I'm going for 70! Wow that seems like a lot of miles, but I'm going to work to get there! :)
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi! My goal for August was 30 miles, and I exceeded that goal and reached about 50 miles!!! For September, I think that I would like to make it official. I am going for the big 5-0- in September! We can do this!!!! :bigsmile:
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lets see if I can do 125 this month !!!! Hit over 100 last month

Mark.
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have my first official 5K on September 23rd, so I'll be walking/running quite a bit this month:-) I think my goal will be 70. Aim high, right?
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. It's been a spell since I've done a move-yer-butt kind of a challenge. I've been doing yoga and jogging lately, haven't been to the gym in quite some time, kinda swapped out (yoga not available at my gym).

I see that this is a continuing group, which I really like. I'm going to set my goal for 50 miles.
  • Marie294
    Options
    I'm so happy to see lots of people continuing this month and some new faces!

I'm almost excited for saturday morning just so I can start this challenge! haha :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    I just joined this group. It's been a spell since I've done a move-yer-butt kind of a challenge. I've been doing yoga and jogging lately, haven't been to the gym in quite some time, kinda swapped out (yoga not available at my gym).

I see that this is a continuing group, which I really like. I'm going to set my goal for 50 miles.

Welcome! We are so glad you've joined our group! Good Luck on your 50 miles, You can do it! :)
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I'm gonna second Mark's goal. 125 miles for this month. Of that I want to do at least 75 miles running and 25 miles biking (which will probably all be on our new recumbent bike).

Ok.....you may now call the men in the white coats to come and get me! LOL
  • Marie294
    Options
    I'm gonna second Mark's goal. 125 miles for this month. Of that I want to do at least 75 miles running and 25 miles biking (which will probably all be on our new recumbent bike).

Ok.....you may now call the men in the white coats to come and get me! LOL

That's a big goal, but I know you can get it!! You did so amazing last month! :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    Okay Everyone!! First Day of September! Let's do this!! :happy:
  • Marie294
    Options
    Woo Hoo! I got my first walk of the month down! I walked 3.5 miles towards my goal of 70 miles for the month! :)

I love this challenge, I feel ready and motivated this month! :)
  • Marie294
    Options
    Where'd everybody go? lol :wink:

Today I walked 4.25 miles, a personal best for me!

So my stats so far-

9/1 - 3.5 miles
    9/2 - 4.25 miles

Total: 7.75 miles
    Left to go: 62.25 miles

Hope everyone is doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • livingandlovinglife
    Options
    Happy September everyone!

My goal is 50 miles this month, and here are my stats so far:

9/2 - 2 miles WATP
    9/3 - 5 miles biking
    9/4 - 2 miles WATP

9 miles so far, and 41 to go! Have a great day!!!!!
  • Marie294
    Options
    Happy September everyone!

My goal is 50 miles this month, and here are my stats so far:

9/2 - 2 miles WATP
    9/3 - 5 miles biking
    9/4 - 2 miles WATP

9 miles so far, and 41 to go! Have a great day!!!!!

That is excellent!! :) Great Job!!

I got another 4.25 Miles in this morning, so my stats are -

9/1 - 3.5 miles
    9/2 - 4.25 miles
    9/3 - 4.25 miles

Total: 12 miles
    Left to go: 58 miles
  • Marie294
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles
    9/2 - 4.25 miles
    9/3 - 4.25 miles
    9/4 - 3 miles

Total: 15 miles
    Left to go: 55 miles :happy:
  • livingandlovinglife
    Options
    9/1 - 3.5 miles
    9/2 - 4.25 miles
    9/3 - 4.25 miles
    9/4 - 3 miles

Total: 15 miles
    Left to go: 55 miles :happy:

15 miles! Wow!!!!! You are on the move!
  • livingandlovinglife
    Options
    Hi everyone! Here's my updated update lol....I had my dates mixed up!!!

9/1 - 2 miles WATP
    9/2 - 5 miles biking
    9/3 - 2 miles WATP
    9/4 - 1 mile WATP and 5 miles biking

15 miles so far and 35 more to go!!!! I'm loving this!
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So far:

9/4: 1.25 miles (walk)
    9/5: 3 miles (interval jog/walk)

4.25 miles, 45.75 to go.