lunges, step-ups, etc

Options
bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
I think I may have asked this before but I want to clarify...

I'm in stage 1 workout 5 (did A yesterday, doing B tomorrow). So it's 3 sets of 10. So for lunges and step-ups, is one 'set' 10 on each leg, or 5? Like when I do step-ups and prone jackknife, should I go 10 step-ups right foot, 10 step-ups left foot, rest 60, 12 prone jackknives? or just 5 step-ups right foot, 5 step-ups left foot, 12 prone jackknives?

I've been doing 10 (or whatever the number of reps has been) on each leg the whole program but wanted to make sure that was how you were supposed to do it and I'm not doing extra - I was peeking ahead at later stages and noticed for one of the stages the author made a point of saying to split the reps in half on each leg... except now I keep flipping through the book & can't even find that haha

Replies

• woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I believe the only thing you split in half is the body matrix lunge jumps.

For the other exercises, everything is the reps you should do for each leg. Lunges I always go right 1, left 1, right 2, left 2, etc.. when i'm counting because I walk and do them, later when you do standing ones you would just do 10 each side, then switch. Step-ups are the same, you can do it either way, but I think you should do all reps on the non-dominant leg first, then switch.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    should I go 10 step-ups right foot, 10 step-ups left foot, rest 60, 12 prone jackknives?
    Yes.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    should I go 10 step-ups right foot, 10 step-ups left foot, rest 60, 12 prone jackknives?
    Yes.

Agreed. I think the only moves where you do half the # of reps on each leg might be the 1-point dumbbell rows (stages 2 & 4), and maybe the 1-leg deadlifts or 1-leg partial squats (stage 3 & 5). The book should say for each move whether to do all the reps on each leg, or just half, then switch.