Pumpkin Coffee!

Options
mstorvik
mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
I am a HUGE fan of everything pumpkin flavored and fall is my favorite season of the entire year. So I went trolling for some recipes... Enjoy!

Pumpkin Spice Latte
Serves 2
3-4 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree (real pumpkin)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 pkts of Splenda
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Another Pumpkin Spice Latte
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
3/4 cup strong brewed hot coffee
2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 dash nutmeg
Directions: 1 Combine heavy cream and pumpkin in a saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly. Stir in Splenda and spices. Heat just until boiling. 2 Pour mixture into blender and process on high for 20 seconds (be careful!). 3 Pour into a large cup, add coffee, and enjoy!

Pumpkin Shake Recipe
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 TBSP cream
1 egg
1 scoop vanilla whey
2 tbsp flax
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
ice cubes
Blend
*Um.... not sure about that egg. HAHA!

Let me know if any of you try these/tweak them? One thing is certain - they seem way too sweet for me... Going to try some of this out this weekend FOR SURE!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    See, I would have to use real vanilla bean for this and omit anything artifical-sugar related because of how sick I get from chemicals.

I do though make a protein shake using real pumpkin, the traditional spices and mix it in the Almond Breeze with DW's Vanilla protein powder. I love how the pumpkin really does make it extremely thick - almost like a frappe consistency!
  • mstorvik
    Options
    I can't wait... and yeah, I don't like things that sweet, so I don't think I would need all that sweetener. I think heavy whipping cream already tastes sweet!
  • zynx1234
    zynx1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    yum and i think im going to try the pumpkin shake with chocolate whey cuz i love pumpkin bread with chocolate chips :)
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes! I must have pumpkin and spice to really enjoy fall, thanks for posting!
  • mstorvik
    Options
    although... for that shake... it has to be over 10 carbs... hmmm... that's a tad high for me... we shall see how i tweak it! for sure add hemp seed to it!