WoW Patch 5.0.4 - MoP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yyK-GGvnbQ

It's here! New talent system!

What do you think?

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    I dont like the new talent trees, at least how ive played them in beta. I hate they took it down to like 1 pt every 5 lvls :(

Love aoe loot tho!! that and account wide achievements/mounts are the best part of this patch.

Edit: i also like they removed the cap on dailies. So if i want to mindlessly run dailies all day, i can :)
  • Andrea2315
    Andrea2315 Posts: 22 Member
    Love that they removed the daily cap. The talents and spell changes will take some getting used to. I've been a priest healer for so long and set in my ways with all my macros for certain spells. Hopefully it won't take long to get the changes down.

The AOE loot will be amazing when farming. A little excited about that one!
  • Alliwan
    ok, my biggest gripe, i lost my totem bar :(

i have to scroll thru all the totems, they dont even save the totems i want on the bar anymore.

what tank is going to wait for that? ugh!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Ran ICC 25 for achievements tonight. Pretty easy adjustment on the boomkin, so far.
  • I am kind of disappointed with the talent tree...

lame...

lame...

LAME!
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 117 Member
    I have to say I'm pouting pretty hard. All the talents for priests don't seem geared towards healing. Where are my healy talents???
  • Alliwan
    I have to say I'm pouting pretty hard. All the talents for priests don't seem geared towards healing. Where are my healy talents???

my priest feels the same way :*(

i dont need shadow talents and a holy/disc priest UGH
  • Carla2299
    Carla2299 Posts: 39 Member
    I am dual spec'd holy and shadow. It does seem that there are far more talents focused on dps than heals. Made me sad.

My mage....the rotation is so different and tbh, seems weird that as an arcane mage - frost fire is my main attack.

Maybe I have become a gamer resistant to change after all these years...lol
  • My best friend just sent me a text that the patch went live - all of your comments are scaring me LOL I haven't been active since last April. Debating if I should even attempt to come back - or if I should put my resto druid on the back shelf and try my mage out
  • jennipea382
    jennipea382 Posts: 47 Member
    My mage....the rotation is so different and tbh, seems weird that as an arcane mage - frost fire is my main attack.

What the what? I haven't really been playing.. looks like I need to hop on and figure this all out! I'm a fire mage and only sorta played around with talents on the beta.. what should I be prepared for? Haha.
  • Alliwan
    Fire seems to be fairly similar to pre-patch as far as rotation. I havent actually played my fire mage yet, will as soon as i hang this load of laundry on the line. but so far, mostly similar.

arcane is way different tho.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    I'm an arcane mage, sounds like I need to scope this out. I haven't played in about 6 months.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    I was really impressed with MoP when playing beta, and my main complaint was the healing rotation for healadins (my main is a healadin).

Even though I have the CE of MoP ordered, it looks like I'll be shelving WoW for a bit. I'm liking SWTOR more anyways.
  • I was really impressed with MoP when playing beta, and my main complaint was the healing rotation for healadins (my main is a healadin).

Even though I have the CE of MoP ordered, it looks like I'll be shelving WoW for a bit. I'm liking SWTOR more anyways.

How long have you been playing WoW?
  • Debating if I should pay the $19 or $20 to reactivate my account. For those of you who are currently actively playing and have patched, is it worth a return?
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2012/08/wow-patch-5-04-quick-start-guides

I found this extremely helpful. As an arcane mage, I was completely lost lol.
  • Try watching this guy on Youtube. Preach is pretty damn awesome! He knows his stuff - raids with Method, so I suppose you'd have to know what you're doing, no?

http://www.youtube.com/user/mikepreachwow
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    I felt very ballin' rolling through Org on a 2 seater rocket this afternoon on a lv 28 character. My account was like purple drakes rockets and pets for everyone.
  • hersheythecat
    Okay you all are scaring me. I've only had time to look at my priest. My main is an arcane mage and from what I'm hearing they've killed it. That soooooooooo does not make me happy. :( I love playing her and kicking butt.
  • hersheythecat
    I felt very ballin' rolling through Org on a 2 seater rocket this afternoon on a lv 28 character. My account was like purple drakes rockets and pets for everyone.

I have to agree with this though... my little 35 warrior took my motorcycle and rocket out for a ride earlier. My little guild all went "EEEPPPP" over that because all our mains have the two seaters and it sucks when you need to get someone some where and you aren't using your main.