WoW Patch 5.0.4 - MoP

2»

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Figure I'd just log on too see what what its like since I stopped paying attention to the game for a while. Seems they fixed alot of problems I've complained about Priests for a while. Shadow got a good revamp though I was getting stomped in pvp using 377 gear.
  • I dont like the new talent trees, at least how ive played them in beta. I hate they took it down to like 1 pt every 5 lvls :(

Love aoe loot tho!! that and account wide achievements/mounts are the best part of this patch.

Edit: i also like they removed the cap on dailies. So if i want to mindlessly run dailies all day, i can :)
    agreed, new talent trees suck :( AoE lootz for the win! No more carpal tunnel syndrome for rep grinders. I cleared 5k worth of Cenarion Circle rep in minutes, awesomeness! Not loving that all priests are now expected to be DPS/heal hybrids...bleh.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    I was really impressed with MoP when playing beta, and my main complaint was the healing rotation for healadins (my main is a healadin).

Even though I have the CE of MoP ordered, it looks like I'll be shelving WoW for a bit. I'm liking SWTOR more anyways.

How long have you been playing WoW?

Played for six years. Probably just burned out on it.
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    I don't like the Talent System - all of my existing characters are crippled until that starts to make sense. Most of their Quickslots are now empty due to that.

Also, my female druids now turn into male stags as a running form, with Christmas Tree decorations hanging from their full set of antlers!!

I have pre-ordered MOP but not sure I will be renewing my subscription when it expires. Cataclysm was a disaster - MOP is looking even worse. Hope the Monks and Pandas are worth it.
  • Count me as another one who's not crazy about the new Talent system. I was looking at various builds for my alt Ret Pally and I finally went, "Hmmm, most of this really doesn't help me all that much". Then again I'm PvE, so maybe the PvP'ers have better use for some of those "improvements".

AoE looting is awesome and pets for everyone is pretty cool. While losing some of my fav quickslots bummed me out, I personally found my Ret Pally to be more buffed than I previously remembered. Maybe because I hadn't played in a while, I dunno................

My main toon is my Demonology 'Lock. Haven't looked into his Talent system yet, so I'll try and check it today..............
  • *Cough* *Guild Wars 2* *Cough* ;)
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 117 Member
    The warlocks have gotten more intersting of late. I really like mine and had not been playing her at all since I got her to 85. She's the one I've played the most since the talent system changed.
  • CherryTinsel
    CherryTinsel Posts: 4 Member
    The warlocks have gotten more intersting of late.

I agree! My warlock is my main and I'm finding her a lot more engaging and better than what the majority of Cata had to offer me.

So not stoked about no midnight launch where I am though. :(
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    *Cough* *Guild Wars 2* *Cough* ;)
    *cough*willfollowriftandswtortothebargainbin*cough*

Also, I have the prepaid MoP ready to go on launch night and can put in a couple of hours before I hit the sack as all I have planned is the gym.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member

ok SWTOR i get...they went f2p within the first year, but Rift? they seem to be still going strong. No one will ever have as strong a following as WoW im sure, as the market is too saturated with mmorpg or mmofps games. but i dont think that means anything but WoW is crap.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member

ok SWTOR i get...they went f2p within the first year, but Rift? they seem to be still going strong. No one will ever have as strong a following as WoW im sure, as the market is too saturated with mmorpg or mmofps games. but i dont think that means anything but WoW is crap.
    Rift is literally for sale here for £5 in some stores. Including the first (and for most people, last) month, I believe.
  • Alliwan

Rift is literally for sale here for £5 in some stores. Including the first (and for most people, last) month, I believe.

Its been that way since day one. They've always sold the game for super cheap because their money comes from the subscription. A couple months after release, you could get the digital ce edition for $15 including game time. They're still going strong, about to release their first xpac.
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    It seems you cannot carry both melee and ranged weapons at the same time any more.

So you shoot from a distance, then open your pack, put away the bow or gun, hunt inside for your sword .....

...... and you are dead.

What a stupid idea.

Good job everyone will be playing unarmed monks from tomorrow. :smile:
  • Alliwan
    It seems you cannot carry both melee and ranged weapons at the same time any more.

So you shoot from a distance, then open your pack, put away the bow or gun, hunt inside for your sword .....

...... and you are dead.

What a stupid idea.

Good job everyone will be playing unarmed monks from tomorrow. :smile:

O.o why would you want both anymore? hunters were the only ones who really used them and they can use ranged at any range now, even up under an enemy.
  • chellebubblz
    chellebubblz Posts: 84 Member
    I like the new patch, with the exception of Cross Realm. Sure, in some areas its nice to have (ie: dueling outside of Org you have more ppl to pwn) but doing the Pirate Day achievement was a NIGHTMARE. And trying to do Molten Core dailies? FORGET IT! So many ppl were tricking me into getting flagged on accident and then killing me I was so mad lol (not a PvP'er but my fiance is so i had to make him come rescue me)