Workout tops/camis for the erm, fuller figure

sugarplumj
sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
Can anyone recommend a good supportive workout top, preferably with built in support, for moderate activiites, eg. yoga, barre, mat exercises. I have a couple of Lululemon tops, but they are just cut a bit too low, and too sexypants for a class.

Replies

• MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Have you checked out Athleta? They have super cute stuff that seems to have great support (I've only bought pants). Check the clearance link because their stuff may put you into sticker shock. It's great quality tho but I will only ever buy from their clearance section.

Because I've got some boobies, I prefer to wear a good sports bra with a workout top that doesn't have anything built in. I get the support and coverage from the bra and can still wear the sexypants tops.

****'s Sporting Goods would also have a great selection. I think they have an area that's all yoga clothing.
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    LOL - it ***** out D!ck's.

That made me snicker a bit....
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    I have to wear a sport bra under my lulu's too, really almost all workout gear. I'll be interested to see if anyone mentions anything else other than athleta ( I just haven't looked there yet :)
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    Thanks, everyone--
    I really like Athleta, and Amazon has a lot of great deals on PrAna wear. I just wasn't sure about the built in boob shelf vs. sports bra with cami over it. Looks like I have my answer!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    I usually wear a sports bar with a regular tank over it at the gym even though my boobs look big in them. The shelf bras don't do anything for me at all. I would rather show off my chest than have my boobs flying about in a shelf bra!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Yep, sports bra, PLUS sports crop underneath anything I wear for anything remotely related to working out. I love Lorna Jane - but I think that's only available here in Oz?

I hate my boobs *sigh*. They never EVER change, I could lose 20kg and they would still be the same. I know so many girls would love to be in that position, but I hate it. Nobody ever notices my body has changed, because those damn things stay the same stupid size no matter what.

But the grass is always greener, right? :)