September Mini Challenges

Options
Sept 1st: 35 minutes of any cardio

Sept 2nd: 20 minutes of any cardio and 12-15 reps of Matrix (15-25 for more of a challenge) You can do this with a medicine ball, gallon of water, or no weight. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/belly-blasting-workout-1

Sept 3rd: Pistol Squats 15 reps with 2 sets, for more of a challenge 15-20 reps with 3 sets. http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/exercises/strength-exercises-for-thighs-legs/?page=4

Sept 4th: Pilates Press 8 to 10 reps with 2 sets. For more of a challenge , 10 to 13 reps with 2-3 sets.
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/5-arm-exercises-for-toned-upper-body/?page=3

Sept 5th: WEIGH IN 1 minute of Wacky Jacks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llWk2RYkc7E
OR Cross Over Jacks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6Cs7j_JEc

Sept 6th: Glute Bridge March 5 to 10 reps of 2 sets. For more of a challenge 10-15 reps of 2 sets. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/basic-workout-glute-bridge-march?workout=13841

Sept 7th: Your favorite again...Squat Thrusts aka Burpees 10 to 15 reps for more of a challenge 15-25 reps http://exercise.about.com/od/cardioworkouts/ss/cardioexercises_2.htm

Replies

• JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    With the burpees!!!
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    With the burpees!!!

You told me to put them in!
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    This month I am going to try hard at finishing all the mini challenges. So far sept 1st: 35 min of any cardio: COMPLETED :)
  • kristen807
    Options
    This month I am going to try hard at finishing all the mini challenges. So far sept 1st: 35 min of any cardio: COMPLETED :)

great job! also completed c:
  • pellini76
    pellini76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group as my main exercise is walking which can get very boring and repetitive. Needed some new ideas for both cardio and strength. Anyways, I have completed day one without even knowing it and am looking forward to trying tomorrows challenge. Just one question, what happens in 8th Sept? Do we start again on day one or do new challenges get posted?
  • kristen807
    Options
    Week 2

Sept. 8th: 30 Minutes of Cardio, 25 Bicep Curls, 25 Crunches

Sept. 9th: 30 Minutes of Cardio, 10 pushups, 20 Shoulder Presses

Sept. 10th: 50 Jumping Jacks, 1-minute plank, 20 Squats, 25 Crunches (Repeat then stretch)

Sept. 11th: 30 Mountain Climbers, 20 Lunges on each leg, 25 Bicep Curls, 30 Squat Punches (Repeat then stretch)

Sept. 12th: WEIGH IN 2 Minutes of Jogging in Place, 15 Burpees, 10 pushups, 30 Leg Raises (Repeat then stretch)

Sept. 13th: 2 Minutes of Jump Roping, 25 Crunches, 30 Mountain Climbers, 20 Shoulder Presses (Repeat then stretch)

Sept. 14th: 2-Minutes of Butt Kicks, 25 Bicep Curls, 20 Calf Raises, 10 Side Kicks on each side (Repeat then stretch)

The above exercises can be done with or without weights. If you are advanced, use weights and complete extra sets.

Trying to make it more intense. This week is compliments of one of our admins! yay!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days, trying to get the kiddies ready for school with baking of their snacks and getting groceries. I'll be back hopefully Tuesday and I'll catch up with the past few days I've missed. Have a great holiday tomorrow. :flowerforyou:

Carrie
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump so i can find this later... im 3 days late but i'll make it up through the week.
  • kristen807
    Options
    completed mine, hated every second of it lol
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I have pretty much given up on these mini challenges LoL If I cant do it at work, I most likely wont do it at home. That doesnt mean I'm not exercising & going hard....I'm just saying LoL
  • jasminebaggins
    jasminebaggins Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For a lot of the strength exercises I feel like I'm not doing it correctly because there's not much of a challenge. Last week, though, with the leg raises, it was EXTREMELY hard and my abs STILL hurt in certain positions to the point where certain challenges have to be modified. UGH! I'm still glad I'm getting any kind of strength training into my rountine but it's frustrating because it seems I'm either doing it too hard or too "soft"

In other news, gonna try and get in some extra cardio today. I ate most of my calories already and I think cardio is really important for me.
  • jasminebaggins
    Options
    Apparently I can't delete this comment and it got double posted so I'm just editing it to complain about MFP not allowing a delete option. GRR!
  • jasminebaggins
    Options
    I have pretty much given up on these mini challenges LoL If I cant do it at work, I most likely wont do it at home. That doesnt mean I'm not exercising & going hard....I'm just saying LoL
    Give it another try! Most of these take 2-5 minutes and don't require any equipment! For me, though, if I really can't do it, I try to do both the next day, lol.
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you tube is blocked on my work comp and my home is dead lol :( what is a whacky jack????
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    Give it another try! Most of these take 2-5 minutes and don't require any equipment! For me, though, if I really can't do it, I try to do both the next day, lol.

LoL well Kristen & I started these mini challenges so I can end it if I want !! haha

but I get plenty of work outs in, not really worried about it....I'm determined & I WILL reach my goals ! :tongue:
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 minutes of each WAcky Jacks and Cross over jacks yesterday! Also, 2 sets of 20 Glute Bridge Marches today!
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    you tube is blocked on my work comp and my home is dead lol :( what is a whacky jack????

kind of hard to explain, but basically you have your hands in the air by your head palms facing forward. kick one foot out to the side in the air and "crunch" down to the same side kind of like an oblique crunch. Quickly alternate and kick opposite foot out and crunch to other side. Does that make sense?
  • athenagv
    Options
    okay, so i've been gone for what seems like freaking forever here! with the hurricane, work, allergies, this, that and the other....i've totally lost track of my workouts, days and everything else. SO, i've printed these up and gonna get started asap. I'm lagging behind, but i'm gonna def get back on the horse and this done!!!
  • rolonda82
    rolonda82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I completed Sunday's mini challenge and I am so looking forward to today's challenge!
  • meganiross
    Options

Aimee - I have same issue at work - no "video/streaming" sites allowed. I usually google something I don't recognize, and as often as not there's an ask.com or some exercise site that has photo step by steps, and I don't have to go via YouTube. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.