Low-fat recipes

Options
HI everyone

So, i've been preparing my food for the next week or so and have found some nice ideas and thought I'd share.

Then if anyone else has any please share too! I get bored with healthy food so I need all the inspiration I can get!

So this week for dinner i'm having:

Homemade Falafel with salad in pitta
Chicken Katsu curry with rice
Spinach samosas with indian salad
Mexican chicken stew with quinoa
Japanese vegetable pancakes

All these recipes are on the www.bbcgoodfood.com website.

Enjoy!
x

Replies

• chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! I'm always looking for new meal ideas, I'll keep this in mind!!! Also, if you like Shape magazine, they have a nice food section with some pretty good food section too, www.shape.com if you're interested. I've been on the site, they've got EVERYTHING you could possibly want in an online magazine website!!! :love:
  • ellybellybalooba
    Options
    Ooh sounds good, i'll have a look!
  • ellybellybalooba
    Options
    Here's the recipe for the falafel, I'm having this tonight so will let you know what it's like:

Ingredients
    400g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
    garlic clove , chopped
    handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp ground coriander
    1⁄2 tsp harissa paste or chilli powder
    2 tbsp plain flour
    2 tbsp sunflower oil
    toasted pitta bread
    200g tub tomato salsa , to serve
    green salad , to serve
    1 small red onion , roughly chopped

Directions:
    Pat the chickpeas dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, spices, flour and a little salt. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.

Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the burgers, then quickly fry for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden. Serve with toasted pittas, tomato salsa and a green salad.
  • Cleopatraspeaks
    Options
    Falafels sound yum!

I'm waiting on the latest Hairy Bikers cook book to pop on to my door matt..... so I can allow myself to have a bakathon (i.e fill up the freezer) with low cal goodies.

I've yet to make their lasagne, but it looked good, swapping pasta for leeks - recipe on the BBC Food site if anyone wants it.
  • ellybellybalooba
    Options
    Made a nice, low-fat, easy curry tonight, recipe is as follows:

Veg Curry:

Cut up any veg you want (tonight I had tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper and carrot. You could use meat/fish)
    Put in a saucepan with some fry light and 1-2 tablespoons of curry powder and 1-2 tablespoons of ground coriander (or any other curry combo)
    add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and 1 carton of passata
    1 chicken stock cube (could use veg/beef)
    half a tin of water
    Bring to the boil and then simmer.
    Put some fresh coriander in just before serving.

Saag Aloo:

Peel, cut up and boil some potatoes
    In another pan fry some onion 1 tbs curry powder, 1 tbs coriander powder and 2 garlic cloves.
    Add the cooked potatoes, chopped fresh tomatoes and a little water.
    simmer and stir for a few minutes, adding more seasoning if required.

Season and serve with rice! (I went for the half white/half wholemeal rice, as i can't stand brown rice and white is less healthy!)

Has anyone else eaten anything nice/healthy?