Welcome

Options
CalJur
CalJur Posts: 627 Member
Welcome to the SF Bay Area MFP group. Why shouldn't the most beautiful area in the entire world not have a MFP group dedicated to it. I'm CalJur also known as Cal-J. I've lived and worked in the greater Bay Area for the past 20+ years and love it here. My hope is to build a critical mass in this group to network and support one another as well as have meet and greet events possibly once a quarter.

Feel free to friend me on here and I look forward to expanding this group.

Replies

• Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm Sweet P coming in from Suisun City North Bay area! I have lived and worked here for 14yrs. I Graduated from Blake Austin College in 2008 formerly CSI. I work for the largest Dispensing firm in the U.S. When I'm not with my children, I'm either working out or coordinating special events. I also love ballroom dancing and have studied for 3 years at Sloan and Sloan in Glendale Ca and for 1 yr at Just Ballroom in Oakland Ca. I've been a MFP member since April 6, 2012
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm Dan. Currently living on the peninsula, soon to be downtown SF in a month or two. I work enterprise sales in tech here. I moved up from Los Angeles in early 2011 and have been loving it ever since. I love weightlifting hence why I'm on MFP, to track cals. Umm not much more to say than that. I'm definitely open to expanding my social circle here.
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brittney :) i live in sacramento but went to school at Sonoma State so i know the bay a bit. I have my multiple subject credential and am trying my ever so hardest to get into a classroom and teach. I love to workout and be active. I have had an up an down journey on here but i am set to getting back at it and killing it like no other. feel free to add me :)
  • blasian603
    blasian603 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hey there bay area mfp's! im cyndi and i live in fairfield. i noticed that when i am tracking what foods i put into my body, it makes it easier to stay within my goal. currently im on a 1200/kcal/day program. im on week 2 and so far it's been good. im also doing turbofire. im on the 90 day program. i have been consistent with my workouts for years. i am somewhat of a gym rat. but what gets me in trouble is my diet!! i have horrible eating habits. i found that MFP is a very useful tool to journal not only my food intake, but the calories i burn doing my exercises. i have about 40 pounds to lose and i'm hoping to be able to put on a bikini next summer and feel good about my body! :blushing:

im hoping to make new mfp friends! :flowerforyou: knowing that i am not by myself and there are others who have similar goals can definitely be motivating!!

please add me!
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sara. I was born and raised in the East Bay - Fremont. I moved to Nashville TN when I was 20 and moved back to California 10 years ago. I now reside in the oh so not lovely city of Sacramento. It's not my favorite, but it's become home - and it's still so close to all my favorites - the Sierra Nevadas, Tahoe, Napa, San Francisco, Santa Cruz. . . .It's will have to do. I work full-full time at a large local non profit organization and I am the mom to 3 awesome kids. Between those two things alone I am one busy lady. I have never been a small girl and I have never been into fitness, exercise, healthy eating, nutrition, etc. It wasn't modeled for me growing up and it's not something I ever caught onto as an adult. That is until this year! In February 2012, I decided that I had worked so hard on the inside of me, the "who" of who I am, and that the outside of me did not reflect the inside beauty I possessed. I decided that I wanted my body to be an "outer reflection of my inner perception." And so the journey began. I've been logged in for over 6 months straight on here, and am more than 1/2 way to my goal. Health, nutrition and fitness have become a newfound passion of mine. I am eager to meet more MFP'ers from up here in NorCal!

Add me as a friend! You can also find me on Kik with the same name as here. :)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hells yeah, all about the Bay!

Let's hope we can keep this group more active than the NorCal and California Dreams...

East Bay here, although I just moved out of The Mission District in SF. Good times there, but walking 6 blocks to park and do my laundry got a little old, not to mention the hipster kids refusing to speak to me because my jeans weren't tight enough and I wasn't keen on whatever horrible indy band they were all pretending to like at the moment.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm D. Born in Hayward, raised in Vallejo, spent 12 years in Chico (graduated from CSU, Chico and worked there after grad), then moved back to live in Palo Alto and work at Stanford.

I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the program and have lost 10 lbs so far.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Here that horrible noise? That is the sound of this group grinding to a halt like the other regional CA ones.

NOOOOO!

Some cool things in the Bay this weekend:

Trampoline Fest at Crissy Fields: https://www.facebook.com/events/337781379637697/
    Free Shakespeare in the park, Presidio: http://www.sfshakes.org/
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I just found this group. I'm from Walnut Creek, born and raised in the Bay Area although I did live in Nashville(or near there) for a few years. I'm looking for other MFPeople to connect with. I've been here since Jan 2011, lost 35lbs in the first 10 months, maintained, and just recently gain 6lbs back. I'm trying to lose the last 15lbs, it's just comin' off very slowly!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi misschoy! Welcome :)

I really like the Walnut Creek area. The downtown area is pretty cool.
  • SunshineDay76
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I just found this group. I'm from Walnut Creek, born and raised in the Bay Area although I did live in Nashville(or near there) for a few years. I'm looking for other MFPeople to connect with. I've been here since Jan 2011, lost 35lbs in the first 10 months, maintained, and just recently gain 6lbs back. I'm trying to lose the last 15lbs, it's just comin' off very slowly!
    Hi Misschoy! I grew up in the bay and also lived in Nashville! :)
  • mfabris
    mfabris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined this group. I'm new to "myfitnespal" and I'm excited about dropping this last 12 lbs. In the past, I've lost 30 pounds but hit a plateau. Looking forward to the encouragement and encouraging others.
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm a I'll over 2 weeks strong on MFP since I've been back on it. I'm a bay area native, also from Fremont like another one of the members on here posted. I'm a speech therapist that does early intervention with preschoolers with special needs (from autism to chromosomal syndromes). I want to make sure I stay active with the kiddos I work with, coz lets face it... those kids require you to move in ways only little people like themselves can do! Anyway, I'm at that point in my life where if I don't meet my goals now, I may miss my opportunity! I know that's not seriously true (I'm in my late 20s), but for now I'm gonna continue to let that be my motivation. Nice to meet you all :).
  • AntoneWood
    Options
    Hi all,
    I live in the East Bay (Martinez) and work in Downtown SF (Financial District). I work out at the Planet Fitness in SF during the week after work. I like to walk on the weekends. I want to start hiking the hills and mountains around the Bay Area. I hope to hike Mt. Diablo this fall as well. Anyone want to do a group hike up Diablo?

Looking for friends to continue my journey with. I have been on MFP since January and have lost about 40#. I have to complete my goal by my birthday in February.

Tony
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Clint and I was born and raised in the Bay Area. Lived in and around San Francisco most of my 43 years. Born in Petaluma, Used to live in North Beach. Also spent many years in the East Bay (Martinez, Concord, Walnut Creek). Now I reside in Lincoln just north east of Sacto.

Currently working on dropping that final 20-25 lbs. Already down 75 lbs from my heaviest and 50 of them this year. Been on MFP for several months now. 5 weeks into a C25K.
  • creolegirl916
    creolegirl916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All~ My name is Kay and I live in the Sacramento Area. Born and raised in Valle-JO.
    Looking to get fit and drop a few pounds. And take that journey one day at a time.
  • tsherrill
    tsherrill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm Tim, and I live and work in San Francisco. I'm just getting back around to working on my weight after taking most of last year off.
  • locee06
    locee06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, My name is Lauren and live in the Bay area and just recently started My Fitness once again.. Tired of feeling this lazy and unfit.. Ready for a push to get started on this Healty Living style.
  • jmcoyuela
    jmcoyuela Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What's up, y'all! I'm J and looking for a fitness network that will challenge me to become the healthiest person I can possibly be. Hopefully you all can keep me encouraged and inspired, as I wish to do that same for you! Take care and good luck with the New Year's resolutions!
  • mlgtrumpet
    mlgtrumpet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Matt from Vacaville saying hello to everyone!