last week of reset, still gaining

Cilenia
Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
Im in my last week of reset, and i was always under the impression that at some point you need to stop gaining weight cause your body is happy. Im still gaining a little every time i weigh in. Does that mean my calories are too high, or my reset isnt done, or its just normal.

Anyone?

Replies

• lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Bump. I would like to know this also.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Ultimately, the best scenario is to stabilize before going to cut, but for some of us it can take several months before that happens. However, doing a reset longer than 8 - 10 weeks and continuing to gain is just too hard mentally for most people. Although not the best option, it is perfectly ok if you go to cut at 8 weeks or so even if you are still gaining at reset if you need to for your sanity. :wink:

Just make sure to keep your deficit at 15% or smaller, and take a diet break every 10 - 12 weeks (or even 8 weeks) to ensure that you continue to keep working on that metabolism and keeping it up.
  • Exactly this, but JUST IN CASE I would revisit your TDEE number and just make sure you have it right. It is possible to over estimate the number of calories you burn just as easy as you can underestimate.

I wouldn't want to see you cut 15% from your current TDEE number and expect to lose, only to find out you stay the same weight because TDEE - 15% was actually your correct TDEE. :)
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    If you don't mind delaying your cut for awhile, spend some time tweaking your TDEE numbers and see what happens. If you're very slightly gaining each week, drop back 100 or so per day and go from there. Getting things to stabilize will make your cut numbers more effective.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Im using a bodymedia fit to tell me my TDEE (after calculating it with scooby and double checking with my BMF) The BMF says i have a calorie deficit of 21 calories over the past 28 days. So im guessing my eating is ok...

I will cut, using BMF and scooby to help me calculate numbers and see what happens.... just hope that the 8 weeks was enough :) I only have 1 pair of jeans left that fit and gained 8.5lb sofar.... meh
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Im using a bodymedia fit to tell me my TDEE (after calculating it with scooby and double checking with my BMF) The BMF says i have a calorie deficit of 21 calories over the past 28 days. So im guessing my eating is ok...

I will cut, using BMF and scooby to help me calculate numbers and see what happens.... just hope that the 8 weeks was enough :) I only have 1 pair of jeans left that fit and gained 8.5lb sofar.... meh
    Keep in mind the BMF has a 10% amount of wiggle room. So it can run high. I would drop maybe 10% from what it tells you and see if you stabliize.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    I don't think you're eating at TDEE if your weight hasn't stabilized in 8 weeks...I know everyone is different, but my weight stabilized right away after switching to TDEE after eating at BMR for one month. (Though I still did an 8 week reset and my weight stayed stabilized.) I think you need to recalculate your TDEE at a lower activity level and try eating that for a few weeks. If you really think you've found your TDEE already, you need to continue on the reset. Your reset is not over until your weight has stabilized. If your weight keeps creeping up with either of these routes, you may need to either cut more or see a doctor to make sure your blood work is ok.