Does time of day make a difference for you?

Options
I'm wondering when you guys work out and how you feel. I much prefer to work out in the morning, shortly after breakfast. I'm in the middle of stage 2 right now, and work out A has been kicking my *kitten*. (I just finished A3 last night) The last two A workouts sucked, I didn't feel strong or powerful, just beat. I don't remember the first workout A being that bad though, and I can do workout B like a boss, even though it's longer. I'm wiped out when I'm done, but I feel great, like I really accomplished something. And then I got to thinking that for the last two A work outs, I've needed to hit the gym in the evening instead of the morning, and I'm wondering if that's had an effect on my performance. Aside from that, in the morning I have the place pretty much to myself, where as in the evening I have to share the tiny weight room with a bunch of meat heads. They've all been very polite, but it's a pain in the *kitten* when all the 20-40 lb dumbbells are in use and I have to wait in line at the squat rack.

Anyway, do you notice a difference in your performance when you lift morning vs evening? Afternoon is not an option for me because the childcare hours at my gym are lame (8:30-11, and 5-8:30)

Replies

• ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have done all (except 1) of my Stage 1 workouts in the evening just because it's summer and the kids are home with me all day, so I've been going to the gym after dinner when my hubby is home. Next week once the kids are back in school I can go back to my "regularly scheduled programming" and get my workout done in the morning.

I really prefer mornings just because it's my routine for most of the year. Plus then I have less chance of putting off my workout and not getting it done. I've noticed that after a couple of my longer, more intense evening workouts I really have a hard time falling asleep that night. As far as actual workout performance I don't notice a difference.