What are your challenges during your mission?

Options
Kneebop
Kneebop Posts: 3 Member
Does tracking, logging, and physically seeing your foods help you succeed or frustate you?

Replies

• Bunco2013
    Options
    I want to weigh in the 50's. Haven't been there in a long time.
  • Chetta78
    Chetta78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The tracking/logging helps. However, it's just staying focused and motivated. When my schedule for the week changes it's just hard, so I have to keep telling myself to stay motivated.
  • Kneebop
    Kneebop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It takes about two years of the same lifestyle to keep the current weight that we all have adjusted to. So over the last few years, we've not been diligent about our eating habits, and we just need to change our "bodies" way of thinking. Set small goals, like okay this month, I'm going to loose 5 pounds, and keep it off all month. Okay the next month I'm going to loose an additional 5, etc. and "no rewards"until you get to the end. If we have to cheat, have a "cheat meal" not a cheat day, or cheat weekend. Try and stay away from trigger foods, foods that you know make you crave all kinds of BAD ones an hour later.

This program has helped me determine what my trigger foods are: For example:

Apples.. I dont eat apples because they make me REALLY hungry and I crave all kinds of sweets & my mind is not strong enough to mentally say no. So no apples for me.

Bananas.. I dont eat bananas because it triggers my hunger pains, and makes me crave JUST FOOD in general.. Pasta, Potatoes, etc.

Now Mexican Fajita Steak... makes me crave shoot all kinds of beans, rice, etc.

Oranges.. I could just eat a whole darn cake!

I don't sweeten my coffee as much anymore because it triggers hunger along with the caffeine. I put one scoop of sugar and keep it moving.

All these tips have given me an opportunity to see what my body reacts good to, and what it doesnt. It's not the same for everyone, some of you can eat bananas, apples, and oranges and be satisfied. See what works for you, and go with it. It's a commitment we make to better our health, and when we reach our goal, then the easiest part is maintaining it.

Good luck ladies, and welcome to the group!
  • vivalavivien
    Options
    Yes it helps me a lot.