Monthly Weight Gain/Loss without period?

Options
nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
I am in that transitional time where I went for a few months without my period and then it came back again (and how).

This month I keep feeling my period SHOULD start (and get all the physical symptoms) and I get the water weight gain and other twitches and then . . . . nothing yet. Now I seem to be losing all the water weight, but nothing else going on.

Anyone else have this?

Replies

• sherdenise
    sherdenise Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had that issue for about a year and a half where I would get a period, two weeks later get another period-both very heavy. THEN I would get nothing for 3-4 months (maybe some spotting here or there) even though I felt as though I was getting my period (all the symptoms were there) about every couple of weeks. It was very frustrating.

Now, I am going on a year without a period...I hope it is gone for good. The hot flashes are making up for no period :sad: :sad:
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This is me too! I'm so glad I found this group. It's good to know other women are going through the same things. My period has been very erratic(sp?) the last couple of years. I will skip two or three periods but will have the cramps and bloating just the same. One thing I have noticed since I have started my weightloss journey this year is I have not been able to lose any weight during the months that I do not have one. So far, once I have had one I am able to lose 1 to 2lbs. weekly until I skip the next period and it stalls out again. I have not had a period two months in a row at all this year.
  • diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went for 6 months with out having my period. Also experienced the symptoms during the no period months. I have noticed since I was working out more that I have had 1 the past 3 months. I don't know if exercise would cause this... I haven't had the hot flashes yet. I am suffering from thyroid issues that I'm sure are not helping. I lost 4lbs when I first started, but have somehow gained it all back. According to my scale I'm down 3, but I am only going to log on Saturday's. I'm so frustrated.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GoJo65
    GoJo65 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Tami-I am like you..when I got my period the weight came off but haven't had one since June & totally stalled then gained back the 5 pounds that took me months to lose..so demotivating...I am also on low dose estrogen & progesterone so not sure how that's affecting my progress..plan to come off them next month. It was ony for hot flashes & those have only nominally improved so I don't think it's worth staying on the drugs.

I will try some homeopathic remedies, switch up my diet & go from there...really hating this L O N G transition(2+ years)..just want to get over the peri-hump already!
    -jo