Spaghetti Squash Lasagna

Options
Mina133842
Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
Actually got this recipe from someone else on MFP over a year ago, but have tweaked some of it for my family. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna

1 Spaghetti Squash
1 jar Marinara (or your favorite spaghetti sauce)
1/2 pkg cottage cheese (16 oz)
4 cups mozzarella (this depends on how much cheese you want - we use a lot)
1 pkg Jenni-o Italian seasoned ground turkey or Italian turkey sausage (or I use 1 pkg ground turkey with Italian seasonings {from Costco} sprinkled on it)

Cut the squash length wise and scoop out seeds and strings (I use an ice cream scoop - it makes it much easier)
Spray cookie sheet with Pam, place cut down and bake at 350 for about 40-45 mins.
Take out of the oven, flip them over to cool
While cooling...
Brown Ground Turkey drain off fat
Add Marinara
Add cottage cheese
Then scrape a fork across the Squash to make "spaghetti like strands" careful they may still be hot (I just dump in the squash after using the ice cream scoop)
Place in a large bowl (I usually just mix it all in the skillet - just use a LARGE skillet)
Add the sauce mixture and mix together

In a 9x13 pan add half the mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella (how much depends on how cheesy or how calorie laden you want the dish...I use about a 1/2-1 cup on each layer) Sprinkle with Parmesan
Add the other half of the Squash mixture, Mozzarella and Parmesan.
Bake at 350 until bubbly and cheese has melted.

Note: there will be "water" in the bottom of the pan as I think it's from the squash's natural moisture... just let it drain a bit before placing on your plate or in your bowl.

Sorry, I don't know the actual calorie count- as it depends on how much sauce, cheese, etc you use, and I kind of dump/wing it each time...

Replies