stepping out of denial

Options
rositsky
rositsky Posts: 25 Member
I have been in mega-denial and haven't stepped on the scale all summer. I made myself do it last night because:

1. my clothes are feeling uncomfortably snug
2. My 2.5 yo and 6.5 yo both agreed that my belly is "the best pillow ever"
3. I'm jiggly, slightly achy/sore for no reason and generally feeling kind of down

I'll never stop gaining and losing ten pounds unless I figure out a way to carve time in my crazy life for regular exercise. I'll never stop loving and appreciating food/libations, but I can least control it more, be more conscious of portions and try to enjoy food more by eating it slower and more purposefully (I usually inhale my food). My goal is to find super-flavorful but low-calorie recipes that make me happy. I'll gladly share them with you and hope you share any you have with me.

I'm so tired today, but I think I'll try to go for a run, or perhaps just do an embarrassing exercise DVD in my house. Cheers!

Replies

• chazzydc
    Options
    Definitely with you on bringing the flavour! Well done on countering the tiredness with exercise - embarrassing exercise DVD's always make me smile :)
  • jkchampton
    Options
    You can do it!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Love the "best pillow ever"! You can always count on your kids to give it to you straight.
  • CarlyJoAnn
    Options
    I made THE BEST chicken last night - I mean...THE BEST. It was so incredibly flavorful and reading your post made me want to share. So, here is THE BEST chicken ever lol.

2-3 chicken breast

Mix in a small bowl

salt
    pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder (I couldn't find mine so I used minced garlic while it was in the oven)
    Paprika (again- couldn't find! I used chili powder)
    any other spice you would like - Most are zero or only one calorie

Brown chicken in a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil - about 2-3 mins per side on the stove.
    Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes until juices run clear.

I brushed my pan with minced garlic and also put a bit on top of my chicken since I couldn't find my garlic powder.

This was seriously the most flavorful and moist chicken I think I've ever made. Paired with some steamed broccoli and I was full and one happy girl.

Good luck! And let me know of any recipes you come across too. I love cooking and am trying the same approach you are!
  • mamalopez12
    mamalopez12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. That pillow and belly thing is funny! sad tho. my belly is the same way too only my baby isnt old enuff to tell me that!
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear any good, healthy recipes! I don't want to sound like a salesperson, but I love Pampered Chef cookbooks - they have nutrition information, and a couple of their cookbooks are geared specifically for healthy cooking. I just made "Caprese Pizzas" the other night, with a SUPER yummy "Glazed Chicken and Apple Salad" that was divine.

For the chicken, I just grilled it plain and brushed the glaze on during the last minute or so of cooking. Glaze is 2 Tbsp. Apple Jelly, 1 Tbsp. brown or dijon mustard, and 1 Tbsp. brown sugar.

Dressing is 2Tbsp cider vinegar, 2 tbsp apple jelly, and 1/3 cup low-fat mayo. Mix it all together, and pour it over the salad; I use mixed salad greens, but the original recipe calls for watercress. 1 each Granny Smith and Gala (or other red) apple, cut into julienne strips. Serve the chicken over the top of the salad, and like I said it is soooo yummy!

Here is the link for the "pizzas" I served with it; I used fresh basil from a friend and tomatoes from the backyard garden, and couldn't get enough!
    http://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe_search/recipe.jsp?id=77368