This girl could use some help!

ValRAAAAY
ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
HELLO! :flowerforyou:

I'm VERY new to this eat more to weigh less site and could use some guidance on what I should be doing.

Presently, I weigh in at 164.8 lbs, I'm 5'7" tall, I have a desk job, but I work out on average 3.5 hours a week, including running/kettlebells/some lifting.

I've been averaging 1750 calories a day (NET) but I've been stuck at this weight since EASTER!!! :explode:

Should I up my calories more? Something's GOT to give. My ULTIMATE goal weight is 150...but I'd be happy with 155-ish.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP/TIPS/ADVICE you can offer!!!

Replies

• bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    in the same boat so I can sympathize. And would also love to hear the responses.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    I am the same exact stats as you. 5'7 162ish. I workout 4-5 hours a week. You can up your calories. I eat around 1900. I would suggest upping 100 calories for a couple weeks and see what happens. I would add calories slowly so you can see how your Body reacts
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Good Morning !

Let me see if I can offer some help. I've read your post, but haven't looked at your diary.

Here are my thoughts. You are 5'7 and are essentially working on those "last 10 pounds". Your are fairly lean and close to your goal. So .. that means your body isn't going to lose those "last pounds" as easily. I'm 15 away from my goal and I'm finding the same to be true. You are exercising 3.5 hours per week? Netting 1750. What are you actually eating? How are your calculating your calorie burns in eating back those cals and netting 1750? And .. I don't put as much stock in this next question: how old are you? What is your macro balance and sodium intake?

With all that said/asked:

Make sure you are accurate with your intake - measuring and logging accurately. It isn't uncommon to be underestimating food intake. I'd suggest having your intake be more protein vs. carbs. Watch sodium intake. In regard to exercise and trying to track burns accurately and eating them back - that can be difficult (& stressing). It's is ALL a guesstimate and when you are working with a smaller deficit window - a bit of overestimating / underestimating will make a diff.

This is what I"ve been doing in regard to calories - and many in this group do as well:

Calculate your TDEE. The calculator at Scoobysworkshop.com is a good one. Or .. if you wear a BodyBugg/BodyMedia - use that average data.

Take a 10-15% CUT from your TDEE and eat that amount every day. Your exercise is already accounted for in your TDEE calc. Therefore, you don't track and eat back exercise calories to get to a "net".

To give you a point of reference. I'm 5'4. Age 48 . My TDEE is 2200ish. I primarily strength train, a bit of cardio thrown into the mix. Work out 3 days per week. I eat, and am losing, at 1800 calories per day.

HOpe this helps !

Jen