Hi newcomers

Options

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Cool - I may actually start posting on the forums again if this group doesn't represent the nonsensical headache that is the main forum.

Haha, I hope so. And you don't have to worry about the nonsensical headache around here. The mods on the main forum are too concerned about curse words and spam. I'd like this place to be more concerned about meaningful and factual conversation and support.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Please say hello when you get here and offer some thoughts or ideas about what you'd like to see in this community.

Hello Steve and all, looking forward to interacting w/ intelligent folks about weight lifting and body sculpting in a no-drama atmosphere.

From what I've read of your blogs, Steve, you've got a lot of great info and I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts and run some discussions w/ the rest of us - thanks!

Mac

Yo Mac, good seeing you here. I'm definitely down for some discussions pertaining to muscle growth. When you're reading, fire up a thread and I'll be sure to chime in.
  • WyLd_ReD
    WyLd_ReD Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! ^_^ Steve, you're still as awesome as I remember and such a great wealth of knowledge! Happy to be a part of a community like this and looking forward to learning more about how to shrink down! lol
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    Thank you for your invite! I really appreciate your willingness to help us even with all you have going on at home in your own life. Your posts are the BEST :happy:
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hullo there!! I'm hoping good things come of this!!
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for the invite! I feel so priveleged, isn't that strange! But you really do inspire me and thanks to your advice on nutrition I feel I am living a healthier lifestyle. Thanks for your time you give to me and others.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Very glad you made this group Steve! Appreciate your advice and useful information.
  • Andiarena
    Options
    So glad you started this group! Thanks so much and just like everyone else, I really appreciate your advice and I'm looking forward to more info to keep me moving in the right direction!
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Hey, thanks everyone! You're all proving that it was worthwhile to start this community. Please.... PLEASE... spread the word. This community is only going to survive if it's active.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) Thanks for the invite, Steve! Hope to learn something new that will help me break this verrrrrry long plateau.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Great idea! love it! Thanks for the invite!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Hello Steve and thank you for the invite. Your advice and insight is greatly appreciated and I am so glad you have put this group together. Thank you
  • nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always read your stuff and appreciate everything you teach us! Is there a way to save The Schoot of Strout so I can find it easy when I want to check it out???

Thanks for the invite, You are truly a blessing from God!!!
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Hi everyone :) Thanks for the invite, Steve! Hope to learn something new that will help me break this verrrrrry long plateau.

Well if you want to discuss any specifics, just fire up a new thread and let's do some investigating.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    I always read your stuff and appreciate everything you teach us! Is there a way to save The Schoot of Strout so I can find it easy when I want to check it out???

Thanks for the invite, You are truly a blessing from God!!!

Hmmm... I'm not really sure. I'm not that computer savvy. I suppose you could save the homepage of the group as one of your favorites in your web browser. But I doubt there's a way to get to it easily within the MFP platform. When you select community, you can go to either the message board or groups. Click groups and all the groups you're subscribed to, including this one, will show up.
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm sending out a lot of invitations on my friends list. Please say hello when you get here and offer some thoughts or ideas about what you'd like to see in this community.

Hi there Stroutman,

I am not on your friends list and didn't receive an invitation to the group. I just happened to come across it this morning. I have seen some of your posts and liked your no nonsense approach and your wealth of knowledge that you are kind enough to share on here.

I hope to learn a lot here as i'm a relative newbie and haven't really settled on a calorie count that works for me yet. I need to learn a lot about health and fitness and incorporate it in my daily life more than I ever have before. I'm 62 now but it's never too late!

Catherine
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite Steve! I think this group has got the potential to help and inform a LOT of people. :drinker:

With that being said I'm hoping that you start an informative thread or sticky on plateaus and people battling an inability to lose weight due to thyroid issues.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I look forward to being part of this group.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    I'm sending out a lot of invitations on my friends list. Please say hello when you get here and offer some thoughts or ideas about what you'd like to see in this community.

Hi there Stroutman,

I am not on your friends list and didn't receive an invitation to the group. I just happened to come across it this morning. I have seen some of your posts and liked your no nonsense approach and your wealth of knowledge that you are kind enough to share on here.

I hope to learn a lot here as i'm a relative newbie and haven't really settled on a calorie count that works for me yet. I need to learn a lot about health and fitness and incorporate it in my daily life more than I ever have before. I'm 62 now but it's never too late!

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

I'm very glad you found us... and I appreciate the kind words. You've stumbled upon the right place. If you can formulate some specific questions you'd like me to address in your case, please feel free to start a thread here.

Best!
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Thanks for the invite Steve! I think this group has got the potential to help and inform a LOT of people. :drinker:

With that being said I'm hoping that you start an informative thread or sticky on plateaus and people battling an inability to lose weight due to thyroid issues.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely consider doing that. Are you medicated for your thyroid issues?