Secrets from the Beautiful Woman at the Gym

Options
TeslaJoule
TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
So with my new school schedule I have to do some of my workouts at a different gym. On Wednesday, there was only one other woman at the weights with me, despite the 5 o'clock gym rush. SHE WAS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. We're talking what every one of us probably envisions themselves becoming at the end of this. She was toned and strong, lean, and feminine. (GOD, AND SHE WAS SO NICE DESPITE MY IDIOCRACY!) So being in my final reps exhaustion, and not thinking straight, I got up the courage to approach her. I asked her if she got to looking that way from weights alone or what else she did for exercise. ( I also had some verbal diarrhea about how she was gorgeous and I would kill to look like her.) She said, the normal stuff, weight training, eating right, lots of protein (she was sipping on her shake while training) but she said her SECRET was mixing the weight training with LOTS of cardio, HIIT, and plyometrics. She says she's an avid runner AND weight trainer. But the thing that "transformed" her body was running intervals (HIIT!!!!). She said that the weights made her strong, but the HIIT helped reduce the fat.

OMG Lou is right!!!! I was starting to lose faith in our dear leader and his cohorts, but DAMN.

So now, after finishing stage 2 today, I'm planning on continuing HIIT on my week off and doing "LOTS" of cardio. I have a new found faith in the program and a desperately needed recharge. Hopefully next time I see that nice, gorgeous lady I'll have some thanking (and apologizing) to do! :)

Have you ladies learned any secrets along the way?

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Thanks for sharing! I didn't know about HIIT, but now I want to try that too! Actually it kind of makes me feel better about the dancing- we do maybe 1-3 minutes and then wait so often that I always worry I'm not burning enough calories. ETA another secret I read recently about cardio was that you should do like 15 min intervals and then totally stop for 5 minutes, during which time triglyceride would flood your system, then go back and do your steady cardio to burn lots of fat. So maybe I will try this with the HIIT on my days off.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd time through the program, I do HIIT after my workouts and love the progress!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I've been a slacker and havent been doing it. Now I guess I have to do it. lol
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Thanks for sharing! I didn't know about HIIT, but now I want to try that too! Actually it kind of makes me feel better about the dancing- we do maybe 1-3 minutes and then wait so often that I always worry I'm not burning enough calories. ETA another secret I read recently about cardio was that you should do like 15 min intervals and then totally stop for 5 minutes, during which time triglyceride would flood your system, then go back and do your steady cardio to burn lots of fat. So maybe I will try this with the HIIT on my days off.

This 5-minute trick is in the book. That's how I do my HIIT the day after Workout B's. I love it!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

This 5-minute trick is in the book. That's how I do my HIIT the day after Workout B's. I love it!
    :blushing: Sorry! I've been reading a lot lately and I don't always remember where it came from. I'd never heard of HIIT before this thread.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I just finished Stage 2 and was feeling discouraged about my progress so far.