Monthly check in

Weight slightly up by 0.4kg but I did a 13mile run yesterday & experience tells me I retain fluid after a long run ESP when it's a jump from precious long run was only 7m & we ate tea very late last night @ 10pm again I've noticed this does affect a weigh in (back in the days when I weighed myself obsessively)

But overall inch loss of 2.25"

NSV's since last month

The number on the scales is becoming less important & from someone who weighed in around 3 times a day not bad!!

My running & cycling are much improved - I'd never have managed a 57 mile bike ride on the stupid low cals I was eating

I did the 57m bike ride last week my mum took a photo at the finish line when I compared it to photo in July you can do see a difference that really spurred me on (I did post this news last week so apols if you saw it, photos are in my profile if you didn't) so I will now get some photos for the rest of my journey.

I wore a dress last weekend I only ever dreamed of wearing again & I got some amazing comments

Before my holidays I bought a pair of work trousers, white linen trousers, 3/4length pair of trousers & a pair of jeans. They are all so big I can take them off & on while fastened. I had come to the conclusion that I was never going to lose weight & I needed to be comfortable & even when I lost weight before trying EM2WL they were still ok.

I am hoping we get the gym up & running at work so I can start lifting its the final link in my chain to a better body

Thanks guys without you I'd still be hungry, miserable, frustrated that my running wasn't improving instead of this new person annoying everyone by eating properly & dropping inches :-)

Replies

• jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Those are some awesome NSVs! I wouldn't care what the scale was saying if all that was happening! WTG
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    ^^100% agree. Way to go on the run and the pants/dress (thats such a great measure!!) I'm finding my runs after lift days really poor so been alternating run day, weight day, rest day. How are you scheduling your workouts with both biking and running?
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Congrats, and great work!
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    ^^100% agree. Way to go on the run and the pants/dress (thats such a great measure!!) I'm finding my runs after lift days really poor so been alternating run day, weight day, rest day. How are you scheduling your workouts with both biking and running?

Thanks for the lovely comments :-)

I don't really have a schedule for my workouts my week normally consists of a 2ish mile run with the dogs 3 week day mornings, the other 2 are a walk. I try to fit in a longer run once a week & another over weekend. Cycling tends to be the occasional commute to work but OH has now got a bike so we're going to try to fit in a bike ride together when we can. Weights I do kettle bells (or did until the car accident but hopefully get back to that soon and once the gym opens at work I'll start doing weights at work once or twice a week.

The plan is hazy as I am often away with work & I'm also now studying for a legal qualification so my training is going to have to become more efficient after the half marathon. I could do with more hours in the day (haven't even fitted in housework yet, lol)