All fitness programs are welcome!

Options
For the next 60-90 days, you can use whatever workout program you currently use, or you can upgrade to something totally new. If you don't currently have a routine, we can work together to rind one that will be perfect for you! The idea is to lace up those sneakers for the most rewarding fall of your life!

Replies

• brooke_young08
    Options
    I had originally said everyone would be doing Brazil Butt Lift, but I changed my mind. That's ok, right?!
  • ToniaWalkin
    ToniaWalkin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I could use some help here.....I want to start back to running but I'm not sure what kind of work out would support this properly for my non running days.....Elliptical? cardio Video? pilates? yoga?

Monday, Weights upper body (bi's, tri's, chest) + Running
    Tuesday-________________
    Wednesday, Weights full body circuit+ Running
    Thursday-________________
    Friday, OFF
    Saturday, Weights upper body (back, abs, shoulders) + Running
    Sunday OFF

I'm just not sure what I should be doing on days that I don't run to make sure I'm resting my legs well enough.
    any ideas?
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yoga would be great for your days off. It'll help stretch out the muscles you use running and increase your overall flexibility and strength. I personally like Ashtanga Yoga (it's a book) but If you don't already know how to do most of the moves I would suggest a yoga dvd, Gaiam has several good ones for beginners and hgher. I believe there's even some yoga for runners dvd's or books on amazon.(that's where I get all my dvd's). And trust me they are NOT just easy stretching, you will work up a sweat with most of them :) But it would be a great change of pace for you. I try to do yoga everyday along with other exercises but for the last month or so I'v had some medical complications that have made it hard to do much of anything.
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think this is exactly what I need. My fitness plan has all but disappeared the last few months due to chronic migraines but I'm hoping to work around them. Here's my not very descriptive workout plan:

Monday: circuit training, yoga, chiropractor exercises (CE from now on, 2x a day)
    Tuesday: cardio, yoga, CE2
    Wensday: see Monday
    Thurs: see tuesday
    Friday: see Monay
    Saturday: at boyfriends: resistance band, yoga,CE2
    Sunday: at Bf: Yoga (mainly stretching), CE2

Today is tuesday so i'll be doing yoga, CE, and cardio. I'll update with specifics later :)
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    Tonia - I was also going to suggest yoga on your off days - it's perfect for a recovery between what looks like rigorous workout days! Plus, you need flexibility to increase your strength potential...

So glad to have exercise devotees active in this group!
  • ToniaWalkin
    ToniaWalkin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    perfect...I will be adding Yoga to my schedule. I've done a couple hot yoga and hot pilates classes which I love but I don't really know Yoga all that well so I might stick with a dvd, I probably have a couple kicking around if not I'll check out Amazon thanks for the tip. I know there's one with the P90X that I could use also. that really helps thanks you two. filling out my planner right now....yes I'm old school I still use a paper planner.
    lol
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that - whatever works for you!