Workout Recommendations for a Beginner

steffo365
steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
Hi everyone!

I have been a part of this group for some time now and have been very intrigued by the amazing results everyone has had. I am hoping to get into the program with all of you this month :]. I am not sure what kind of workouts would benefit a beginner like me though..

I don't have a gym membership anymore because of the Fall semester beginning, so my only workout times are very late at night OR veryyy early in the morning, at home. I own JM Ripped in 30, and 30 Day Shred, I also own a zumba DVD, along with three pairs of dumbbells: 3, 4 & 5 lbs.

Should I invest in heavier weights or a diff. workout DVD? Will these DVDs I have so far work well with the higher calorie intake I should eat at according to EM2WL? I am also looking into purchasing a whey protein powder, or will my workouts be too "light" for the extra protein intake?

Thanks for your time, I am in need of some good direction here.
I really want to try this out guys, :]!

Replies

• steffo365
    Any advice?
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    If you are in school, you can see if there is a fitness center on campus that you can use for free. I remember my old college had one (not that I used it, I should have!).

You can also do push-ups, find a place to do pull ups and chin- ups, climb the pole at the playground, etc. There are lots of free and cheap things around you can do for exercise.

Figure out your TDEE and go from there, you can add whey powder if you are not hitting your protein ratio but if you can do it without, then that is great too.
  • steffo365
    Thanks!