Last 10 pounds...any advice?

Options
derfregal
derfregal Posts: 32 Member
I have till the end of the year to hit my goal weight. No gym membership. I have an elliptical some cardio dvds and a Mountain Bike (no mountains though). Should I decrease my calories or just increase the intensity of my workouts? any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• zevduv
    zevduv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I heard that diet is 70% of weight loss for what that tidbit is worth. Cardio for short term weight loss, strength training for long term weight loss.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary but I've found the closer I get to my goal weight, the more I need to eat. I stalled for about a month so I added 200 calories to my daily diet and still eat all my cals back from exercise and I lost 2.5 lbs in 1 week. I now eat 2000 net calories per day. My BMR is 2400 so I try to at least eat 2400 calories a day with 400 calories of burn.
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I actually just changed my settings a couple of weeks ago to only lose 1/2 lb a week, down from 1 lb, because I'm wanting to make sure I'm losing fat and not muscle. Funny thing is, I've still been dropping 1+ lbs a week even with eating more.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yep I was losing 2 lbs per week at 1500 calories a day, I'm now at 2000 net and still losing 2lbs per week, it's funny how that works.