A smattering of NSVs

Options
azalais7
azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
1. So, I've been feeling frustrated that the scale hasn't budged for the last, oh, month or so, and that I didn't seem to losing any inches around my waist. However, there are really *two* waist measurements women are supposed to take--just below the last rib (the minimum girth), and just above the navel (maximum girth). I'd measured both when I checked my body fat percentage a while back, but mostly I have just been measuring the maximum girth, without change. I think I'm going to have to accept the fact that my belly fat will be the last to go. Anyway, when I plugged in all the data yesterday to check BF% again, I discovered that since 8/13 I've lost 1%! That doesn't sound like a lot, I suppose, but at least it tells me that the right things are happening. And if I keep it up, I should definitely be down to my ideal BF range before my wedding next summer.

2. Yesterday I had dinner with a good friend, who told me that her husband (my colleague) had mentioned that I was looking really fit.

3. Since starting our challenge July 2, even though lately I've only made it twice a week, I've upped my weights a fair amount across both my alternating routines:

Leg Press: starting 90, today 120
Incline pushup: starting with incline at mid-chest, today below hip height
Seated row: starting 40, today 70
Romanian deadlift: starting 40, today 60 (kinda stuck here, actually)
Dumbbell shoulder press: starting 10, today 15 (my weakest muscle group)
Wide-Lat pulldown: starting 40, today 70
Leg extension: starting 65, today 90
Leg curl: starting 95, today 115

Replies