can anyone explain please

rosalang
rosalang Posts: 49 Member
i decided to go to maintenance cals 1630 as was curious to see if i could maintain my weight at this
i have a thyroid problem which means i dont burn so many calories
i had been on 1200 cals for a long time and hadnt lost much weight so i am amazed to find out that on 1630cals i have actually lost weight
i have decreased my exercise slightly and am not eating these cals back mainly as i cant exercise fast and because of the thyroid problem
previous to this i was eating exercie cals
can anyone explain how i can not loose weight on 1200 but loose on 1630?

Replies

• Your body was in Starvation mode, which ment it wanted to hold on to all of the energy and fat, it made your metabolism slow down.
    When you fuel your body, you're letting your body know its okay to lose the excess weight. When you are starving our body, your body thinks its dying and needs to keep all of the calories it can get.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Kind of neat, isnt it?:)

Fueling your body actually does wonders on the scale, keep it up and make sure you keep eating:)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Are you sure 1630 is your maintenance? That seems awfully low!
  • rosalang
    rosalang Posts: 49 Member
    mfp says my maintenance is 1630 as i am retired and sit about all day, the only exercise is to go for a walk or do leslie sansone dvd. i have health probs which prevent me doing more.
    i am 5.8 and weigh 154 at moment so any advice would be helpful to continue loosing a bit more
    ive done my tdee which is in the 1600s and my bmr is 1305
    i am confused by it all