Keeping a 300 cal deficit?

Options
MeDoula
MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
I just completed a 8 week reset. From reading the boards, it looks like people approach the cut differently. I'm trying to find out the best option for me and lean towards keeping a 300 cal deficit (whether I burn 2500 cal or 1900 cal). Is anyone cutting this particular way?

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    There are many studies out there that have shown that women tend to do a lot better losing weight with a 300 cal deficit rather than anything higher.
    Im sitting about 400 right now and I am tempted to give myself the 100 cals extra and see what happens..
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am eating at a deficit according to my fitbit but I don't go less than 1800 even if the fitbit says I burned less. So I am eating anywhere from a 300-500 cal deficit.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes I read the same study and I have been doing 200 cut but funny thing is I haven't lost but gained. I was at 158lbs stable at end of nine wk TDEE and now sitting at 163lbs...lol. But the fat pockets on lower back, waist and flanks are disappearing. The dimples on my thighs are starting to smooth. So I'm not stressing. I bounce between cut and TDEE and dont think I will cut ever more than 300 again. Never thought I could carry this weight and fit my six and some fours too...so time to stay focused and fueled to continue burning off the fat.