Levemir and insulin weight gain

Options
pennell12
pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
Hi all,

Has anyone here had any experience with using Levemir as a TTD? I may have to start using it and I don't want to gain weight on it, if that's possible. All opinions welcome and appreciated!

Replies

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have T2D and I'm on Novolog and Levemir. I take 45 units of Levemir in the morning and 45 units at night. I split my dose up--a trick a good Endocrinologist I taught me. My primary care Dr is fine with it. I try to exercise daily in order to loose weight. I walk on the treadmill every day, get on the elliptical machine every other day, and do Callanetics DVD (stretching and mild exercises for 30 min) every other day. I do a 30 min Zumba class on Thurs evenings too. In doing all this, I haven't gained any weight while on the Levemir. I've gained with Insulin in the past when I wasn't eating right and not exercising and taking a ton of Insulin though. But, I doubt you will be taking that much Insulin. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. :-) I'd love to hear from you.
  • tammylsomers
    Options
    Hi! I've been on Levemir for about a year now and weighed 5 lbs more than when I started .Cannot say it's due to the Levemir at all. I know being on insulin has made my weight loss more difficult. If you can avoid going on insulin by diet and exercise then I strongly encourage you to do so. Good luck!