Lean Phase/Push Ups

Options
Anyone out there that has completed or are currently in the Lean phase and can't do push ups....even on their knees?

I have 1 week left in Push and have been watching the Lean circuits to see what is in store for me.

I can't even do 1 knee push up with good form. :blushing: I don't know what I am going to with Lean having SO many push ups!!!!

HELP!! :sad:

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 3rd week of the Lean Phase and still can't do push-ups on my toes! What's weird is when I did the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution, I was able to do them on my toes.

How about trying a push-up in an incline position? Like with your feet on the floor and leaning against some stairs or a bathroom counter? At least, this way, you'll still get the work out and eventually you'll be able to do the push-ups on the floor!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    You can also do them standing against a wall. The further you move you feet away from the wall the harder the push up becomes.
  • lashwish
    Options
    The wall is a good idea!

I still am pretty bad at PUs as my wrists are weak. I can do a few on toes but never all & always move to toes. It really does help to keep trying. ALso keeping abs & butt tight also helps me.

DOes something hurt or you just can't lift yourself up?
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I do them all on my toes but it took a lot of time to build up to that. Just do as many as you can. If you can't do 1 on your knees then try the wall. Once that feels easier then try your knees and just work on progressing each week.
  • lashwish
    Options
    Good lord, I may not survive this Phase with all these PUs & planks!