week 4

Options
JamirahMUA
JamirahMUA Posts: 113 Member
Ok, just finished w4d1 it was hard....there were moves from yoga that were hard for me to do because i have to work on flexibility. Idk if it was really hard or if its just me because i didn't feel like doing it lol.

Replies

• DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    W4D1 down! That first yoga-ish one was hard for me too. I was excited because I was able to do the last abs exercise! Last time she had me doing situps, it was a real struggle, so yay!
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    W4d2 done..had to take a break yesterday...i was exhausted from work!
  • DesignGrrl
    Options
    W4D2 done here too! Almost didn't get it done today, cause of work... so hard for me to do it in the afternoons, but it's over!
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    W4d3 done....oh how i hate burpees! I don't really like this week...i liked week 3 better! I think I'm just starting to get bored:( only a couple days left....only gonna do this 5x
  • DesignGrrl
    Options
    W4D3 down! Yeah, those burpees are killers. Can't imagine doing them with the pushup like I've seen in other workouts! I like this level better than level 3 though (I must be insane)!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I did my first level 4 workout today (yay)! I skipped my last level 3 for now because it has been giving me a pain in my right quad from the set where Jillian really hammers the quads. I need a break from that for a bit still before I do that last one. I'm thinking maybe Sunday I'll do it and add on my level 4 workout afterward if I have the strength to catch up a bit.

I like the level 4 workout better than level 3.
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    W4D4 complete! I think my hrm is broken it was cheap on Amazon (25$) but its only beenlike two months...didn't think it would go that quick...maybe its time to get a polar!
  • DesignGrrl
    Options
    W4D4 over! Sorry about your HRM, Jamirah! :( boooo
  • Mellie289
    Options
    You guys are almost done! Way to go!

I took another rest day because of some soreness/tightness in my quad from level 3 - the jumping sumos in level 4 got it flaring up again. I think I'm going to have to alternate workout days with rest days until this feels better, but I might be done by then. I don't understand why I'm having muscle soreness with his workout - I was fine with Ripped in 30. Maybe doing them back to back is overtraining. I hope it will better to do a second level 4 workout tomorrow morning - especially since it's the weekend and I have more time for exercise.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    Woke up this morning with a tight quad again, but it loosened up after moving around for a couple hours, so I did my W4D2 workout, then a fast (for me) mile on my treadmill. It's now tightening back up again. I hope I can do tomorrow. I just hate having to skip a weekend workout when I have time and to have to try to cram it in on a super busy workday that I would want to choose for my rest days.

I am beginning to see so much more muscle definition in my legs and arms now, and maybe even a hint of abs at the sides (obliques?), but the middle of my belly still has a little too much fat cover to see anything. I'm happy to see the progress though. :smile:
  • Mellie289
    Options
    W4D3 done! This went quite a bit better than my first three times doing it, but I still had to pause the DVD a few times to catch my breath before the next set (mostly in the cardio). I would love to be able to do this all the way through without pausing by the end.
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    Great job Mellie! i had a bad few days so I'm ending my ripped in 30. I did 4 days at week 4. Tomorrow i will be starting turbo fire..i got bored with this last week and life got in the way so i couldn't workout yesterday and today. I might do a final workout tomorrow if i have energy left! I'll be back to weigh in and give measurements sometime this week. Even though i don't think there is any change.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    Well, I hope you have your energy back tomorrow, whatever workout you choose to do, Jamirah. I think I'm only going to do level 4 two more times since I've been doing two rest days per week, so five workouts for each level. I haven't been getting bored with this workout since 30 Day Shred had us doing the same thing for 10 days each level.

When I do the final weigh-in/measurements, I don't expect to see a big change this time. I've been doing some measurements here and there and the tape and scale don't seem to be changing much, but I am definitely seeing a difference. I'm starting to get visible muscle definition, so I'll take that if I don't have anything to show for the places I've measured and the scale doesn't give me a big drop.
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    So i couldn't help myself week 4 day 5 done! Now I'm finished my ripped in 30 journey. I definitely feel stronger! I'm glad i made it through.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    Way to Jamirah! There's a real sense of accomplishment with finishing, isn't there?

I just did Week 4 Day 4 today, so one more workout... probably on Thursday morning because tomorrow is a bad work day, then I will do my final weigh in and measurements Friday morning.
  • JamirahMUA
    Options
    Thanks Mellie! Yes it feels good to finish! I'm thinking that i will do my final weight and measurements Friday also!
  • DesignGrrl
    Options
    Good job on completing, everyone! I was down 6.9lbs from when I started - yay! And I feel great!!