7 days till d day :)

Options
hi everyone ive set the date 10th september to quit smoking!! im not having any smoking aids as ive quit by myself for 3 yr (was stupid to start again) so i know i can do it i just dont want to put on any weight i still have 10lb to loose till im at my goal weight so this is gonna be hard anyone have any tips for this??

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Make a conscious effort to not substitute food for cigarettes and you'll be fine. I didn't gain an ounce after quitting (I am maintaining a 30 pound weight loss), however I made sure I was hyper aware of cig cravings feeling like hunger pangs. My worst day after quitting was Day 3...I felt like hell, I was craving cigs nonstop, I wasn't sleeping well, etc. That day I said "I want a sweet treat, dammit!" and I bought a single serve packet of these caramel chocolate cups while at the grocery store. I sucked the package of three down, realized I didn't want food, I wanted a cigarette, and made the conscious choice to listen to what my body wants, not just shove food in my mouth because I feel off.

You've done it before so you know you can do it again. We'll be here to cheer you on!