Anyone else have Hoshimoto's?

Options
So I have Hoshimoto's Disease, aka hypothyroidism where my body recognizes my thyroid as a foreign object. I'm on Levoxyl daily and have been since 13 (now 21). Does anyone else get really hungry taking this medication? I used to take in the am when I woke up but now I take it at night before bed and it seems to fair better for me. How is working out? I'm just getting back in the swing but I know some people have harder times losing weight.

Replies

• MsALMill
    MsALMill Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You know I never put the two together but since I started taking Levothyroxine I've not been able to lose weight as easily. Hmmm, guess that is something I need to talk to my doctor about when I go next week. Glad to see that there are others having the same issue.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have Hashimoto's ....I probably had it for 3 yrs. but got diagnosed in july 2011...got on Levo. in Nov. 2011...I am no on 125 mcg. you know I was losing weight very slowly before getting on Levo. now I havent lost a single pound I have a 5 lb range the last time I was on the lower end was January,..I have been on the higher end since then....,.I have been doing my homework because I feel like crap in the morning , then have lots of anxiety in the afternoon...I take my meds in the morning .....I have always been a breakfast person so i dont know about it making me hungry....i have a bad sweet tooth too! I thought when I got on Levo. all the weight from my pregnancy would fall off quickly...wrong!! so Im looking at it from a natural point...im going to ask my doc about armour and getting my adrenals tested.....Its so annoying when your not losing and all my pals are at goal and im like WTH?
  • coffeeQ2hrs
    coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's as well. I have had a little success losing weight by seriously changing my eating habits (NO fast food, lots of fresh juices, etc.). I think taking the levo 75mcg has been helping a bit, but I need to get my bloodwork done.

Do any of you also have a goiter? I do, it creates this ugly bump under my chin, I hate it.. seems like it's going away as I slowly lose weight.