Reverting...anyone else?

Options
I notice that on certain exercises....ie, single leg squat and standard bicep curl....the left side of my body is reverting. I am actually doing one less rep on these to exercises than the last time I did them. This is not the first time this has happened.

I landed up just say, WHATEVER, and didn't even attempt the breakdown(extreme moves) on those 2 exercises.

What could be the cause. I am eating 1900 calories per day, so I know I am not under eating.

I am getting very frustrated. I was feeling really proud of myself for a few weeks and that feeling is waning.

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to take a rest day. Your body might need a little extra time to recoup.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I had the weekend off and also, there is a week before repeating the same circuit.

I know I haven't been getting the protein I need, but I would think that would affect my entire/overall performance.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    For me, when that happens, it's usually because my body needs rest or I haven't fueled my body enough for the workout.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    Would it be detrimental to take a rest week after the Push phase before entering the Lean phase?
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Would it be detrimental to take a rest week after the Push phase before entering the Lean phase?

Actually, you are SUPPOSED to take a week break between phases. :smile: I plan on doing so!
  • chojolitos
    Options
    :glasses:

Actually, you are SUPPOSED to take a week break between phases. :smile: I plan on doing so!

I didn't know you have to take a week off?
    Great not rush
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I have a friends DVD's. I don't have the booklets. I did not know this!

So my exercise break can come next week! I am super excited!!

I bet that is why I am having issues right now. I wish she had told me or I had known. I will know if I do another round. I plan on buying the system for myself.

As usual, Nicole...lots of helpful info! THANKS!!!

edit: This almost makes me want to take a rest week and do Push again....but I will take a rest week and do Lean. I will have this info for next time.
  • jyska
    Options
    yeah, I bought the set and the program that it came with has a rest week between phases...but when I look online it doesn't show that rest week. Weird...now I want to go home and double check!! However, even if it didn't put it in there, a rest week with light cardio is totally ok. :) I'd do it anyways!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

I had no idea!!!! I haven't been taking a break!!
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    yeah, I bought the set and the program that it came with has a rest week between phases...but when I look online it doesn't show that rest week. Weird...now I want to go home and double check!! However, even if it didn't put it in there, a rest week with light cardio is totally ok. :) I'd do it anyways!

Could you let me know what you find out when you double check? Thanks!
  • jyska
    Options

Could you let me know what you find out when you double check? Thanks!

I will try to remember to check after work and let you know. :smile:
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wondered about that because it has you finishing one phase on say a Monday and then has a lot of empty spots....I was actually going to finish it early and do my measurements and start again on a Monday....hmm...wonder what the advantages are to taking a week between phases..
  • jyska
    Options
    ok, so I checked and it doesn't have a specified break, but flslp87 is right in that it has a weird transition from one phase to the next. If you don't take the week's break, you end up starting the new phase on a different day of the week than you started the phase before and that would put your schedule out of whack (at least for me it would). So I interpreted it the same way as flslp87 and assumed it meant a week break. I double checked with a friend of mine who is a personal trainer and she also recommended the week break between phases. She said it's standard procedure to take a break between phases and healthy to have that rest. I know for myself I am TOTALLY taking a week break next week between PUSH and LEAN.

Hope that helps a little. :smile:
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    It does help...thank you!

I know I need a break. I won't be able to give it my all without one. I believe that is what is happening now.
  • chojolitos
    Options
    So, we agree to take one week off !!!!!
    I was wondering about the calendar too:ohwell: