Bonjours cutting thingy

Options
bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
well, i don't think i'm in the same bracket as the rest of you on here! my goals are a bit different- i want to improve my overall strength in order to suffer less through my next marathon. i have about 8 weeks left until then. i really wanted to get some strength training in and take more control over my diet, as well as keep up with the running. my goal is to do my strength and core stuff 4 days a week, and to run for 4 days a week (with 1 horrifically long run). i just want to get better. TBH, i want to look HAWT- but i'm still about 90%body fat, so that will take a while!

i have pics that i will upload when i can.

as for measurements:
upper arms L 34cm, R 33cm (13")
waist 87cm (34")
hips 102cm (40")
thighs L63, R66! (25 and 26")
calves L44cm, R43cm (17")

i just did the marine corp BF%thing, and am at 35.2%. that sucks! apparantly the average US woman is 32%, and good is 22%. so, we'll see what happens!

Replies

• FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    In the business end of marathon training i dont think its beneficial to train more than 3x a week, and for a beginner i'd probably just train twice a week and do the most important stuff

A
    Squat
    Press
    Lunges
    Chins

B
    Deadlifts
    Powercleans
    Bench
    Rows

One or two extra assistance if you really fancy, but i reckon for the 16+ mile runs next marathon i will do something very similar to that.

What running plan are you doing this time? How was Cool Runnings in the end?
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I will be interested on seeing your progress Bonjour. I am a female runner too. I'd like to join in, and am doing my own thing on the side, but my husband doesn't want me putting photos of me in bikinis on the web. He isn't the boss of me though! Good luck!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bonjour24
    Options
    well, my exercises today have included weights, squats, crunches and lunges for about 30 mins. embarrassingly i struggled with 3lb weights after a few minutes- i have spaghetti arms. all of my strength is in my legs. so, it's time for me to fix that.
  • ChasingStarlight
    Options
    Runner legs hey? What about push ups? My arms look pretty good for a non lifter and it is due to punching, push ups on toes and tricep dips.
  • bonjour24
    Options
    i'm doing push ups- i'm really trying to do proper ones, but right now i'm doing about 10 man ones, and then have to move onto girlie ones. god, that's embarrassing. i'm aiming for a **** ton of man push ups.
  • ChasingStarlight
    Options
    Good work, 10 today, 11 tomorrow!
  • bonjour24
    Options
    so today i did 15 man type press ups. i'm sure my form was pretty piss poor, but still i did it. then i did a bunch of chick ones. and lunges, squats, side squats, lateral raises, bicep curls, crunches, bicycle crunches, rows, etc. was good. already i'm feeling a difference and knowing that things are improving.

i'm also being rather conscious of my diet, and eating within my limits. i'm trying to make the best choices i can.
  • bonjour24
    Options
    ok, so i've had a brief 4 day hiatus. my 6yo has had scarlet fever! but she's better now, and i'm back.

obviously i'm thrilled she's feeling better, but i am a bit pissed that it's ****ed up my training. and my diet has been up **** creek! trying to make healthy choices when the options are butties or butties is difficult, especially as my diet was as far to the back of my mind as it could get. on the plus side, i didn't turn to food for comfort or support.. i missed my long run- was meant to be the day that i took her to hospital, so i am now having to repeat a week of marathon training and trying to fit it in. so, my 30k run will be on friday.

today, i ran 8k in 56 mins. it was really hard getting into the groove, but after 2k i just did what i usually do when i run and thought about nothing at all. which was fab after the last few days.

and then when i got home i did my weights, core stuff, lunges and squats. i'm so hopeful that in 7 weeks that i'll have moved up from the ****ty little 4lb weights that i find difficult at times, to some decent, meaty ones!

i had a fruit smoothie as a reward for my efforts when i was done.
    it feels good to be back on track.
  • bonjour24
    Options
    30k run done today. will do weights over the weekend. calories a bit low, but what can you do when you burn 2000 in 1 go?

i did weigh in, though, and i've lost a kilo. so i'm down to 78kgs.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Options
    calories a bit low, but what can you do when you burn 2000 in 1 go?

Eat cheesecake. Good job Bonjour!
  • bonjour24
    Options
    so, 8k run today. and the weights all done. ate pretty good- indulged in a reeses fast break. i need to watch my sugar intake- i eat a lot of fruit and it sends my sugar consumption through the roof. and i'll ignore what the choc does for it! all other macros in limits though.
    i measured today and although ive lost a kilo (which is paltry, btw), i seem to have added a cm on my stats. every one of them. don't quite know wtf is going on there. but onwards and upwards!

this is pretty shameful, but here are my pics from the day i started the challenge. ****, talk about embarrassed. i was determined not to breathe in! mind you, it's hard to inhale on your thighs! in my defence, i look better than i did 30kg ago!

4b631acc.jpg

f406f5ba.jpg
  • bonjour24
    Options
    weights done. diet ok. trying to eat less fruit and up veggies instead.
  • bonjour24
    Options
    up at 0430hrs- weights first, then an 8.25k run before work at 7am.

i'm finding the lateral raises difficult still, but getting marginally easier.

i did have a sneaky bourbon and coke last night, and it was delish!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Options
    Nothing wrong with alcohol if you can squeeze it in, i might partake in some Gin tonight :)
  • bonjour24
    Options
    ok, so, just getting myself back on the map here. i've been sidelined with a chest infection. haven't run, shredded or monitored my diet since sunday. to be fair, my main intake has been cough syrup and toast. and i reckon all of the coughing must have done something for my 6 pack! i've got coughing related DOMS!
    intending to go for a wobble tomorrow.
    oh, and i still weigh the same as before.
  • bonjour24
    Options
    so, i have been doing it the last few days. just been so busy i haven't logged it on here.
    i've also increased my cals to about 1700, which is great. i'm finding that i'm eating pretty large, satisfying meals and my will to snack has reduced significantly!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    Options
    Are you eating exercise cals as well? Hows training and whens the race? I entered my first race yesterday!
  • bonjour24
    Options
    so, i'm still here. i have spent the last 9 days doing garden renovations, which included me spending 6 hrs a day for 5 days shovelling dirt and stones into a wheelbarrow. and while i was doing this i was concentrating on my form surprisingly! i got in thousands of squats, lots of deadlifts, my upper arms (bingo wings) feel more toned, my shoulders got it good too. i also spent a day painting the outside of the house, and a few days building things. it's been great getting the garden ready for summer.
    i have increased my calorie allowance and have generally been logging. i haven't eaten that clean because we were so busy, but i think i've done pretty well. i have not eaten back a lot of my cals though and don't even think i ate enough on most days just to get to my new higher recommended intake.
    i did not do a long run last week because i was so busy (and only managed to get in 2x 8k runs over the 7 days), but did a 25k last sunday, and on tues will be doing a 36k. 2 weeks today until the marathon, and my taper is going to be 10 days long.
    2 weeks today will also be the final day of this cutting challenge for me. so far i don't think i've lost any weight at all- still between 78-80kgs. i know people are going to tell me to eat more. i just don't think i can- i'd be eating all ****ing day. i'm having more higher fat foods like avocado and stuff like that, but i'm also trying to be conscious of snacks and so am eating more protein (boiled eggs, heaps of salmon). and i'm just not that hungry- when i'm hungry i'll eat. but it's hard to eat when i really don't feel like it.
    after the marathon, i'm thinking of doing a spot of crossfit. i really enjoyed lifting heavy too, and just doing **** loads of grunt work. i think i want to do more of that and less of the running. maybe i just need to change it up a load- ive been mainly running for nearly 2 years now. time for a change.
  • bonjour24
    Options
    so, i've been logging most days and trying to eat pretty clean. my last day is tomorrow. i don't think anything has changed physically but i'll measure and all that, and post pics. i may breathe in for effect.
    tomorrow is my marathon.
    then i'm going to start lifting and have a look at crossfit.