another...THE SCALE SUCKS...thread

i've been taking progress pics since starting EM2WL but i haven't really taken the time looking at them. yesterday, just for the fun of it, i did a side-by-side comparison between may and this weekend...i was pleasantly surprised.

i gained about 7 lbs during my initial 6-week reset, going from 138 to 145 (i think i even saw 146 once). i'm currently 142-143.

668F1174-CC9A-41BA-83C0-0A9126FA3087-21296-000019B1C3CDADB1-1.jpg

:noway:

first pic 138 and second 142-143....is it just me or does my stomach look like its got less chub at 143 than 138. oh, also, i started lifting heavy during this time and my arms look so much better (ie. profile pic).

funny thing is, even my measurements aren't down. they're the same, too!

so, moral of the story....the scale sucks. and measurements can suck, too!

TAKE PICTURES!!! you'll surprised yourself, especially if you're lifting heavy *kitten* and putting it down. BODY RECOMP ALL THE WAY!

the end...for now.

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Awesome post! and congrats!! you look great! I have been experiencing the same thing....although my measurements are up/down and basically changing all over, I still have a gain of 1/2 inch total, and my weight isn't going anywhere yet, but the other day my husband said he could see my body changing in a good way! I'm just waiting until after TOM to take some pics...hope I can see it too!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    First off you look great. I can definitely see the changes.

Second, I agree pictures are the way to go. I couldn't really see the changes in me until I took pictures. Which baffled me because my measurements haven't been doing much. Though clothes are fitting me better.

Recomposition Rocks!!!
  • Wow, you look great! Stomach looks way tighter and your belly button's changed shape! Well done :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Juliebeann, awesome post! What a difference!

The way people (including myself not so long ago) stress over the scale for no good reason...pics tell the best story in my opinion.
  • great job! You should be sooo proud!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    I love these threads. And YES, your stomach looks leaner! THAT is so cool. Good for you! (P.S. how tall are you?)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    love this thread!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    You look FANTASTIC, my friend!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    I love these threads. And YES, your stomach looks leaner! THAT is so cool. Good for you! (P.S. how tall are you?)
    5'3"

you guys are all awesome!

thanks for the kind words!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Oh yeah I see a difference in the abdomen and waistline! Amazing results!
  • You look fantastic! And yet another example of why body composition matters more than a number on a scale.
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Awesome body recomp. Heavier yet leaner. That's how you do it. Keep it up. I think I like you already. Trololol. :P
  • Holy crap! You look amazing! The scale is clearly a dirty liar.
  • Seriously--only 5'3?? You look like you're AT GOAL already. Awesome work.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    You can definitely see the difference! Great job!:drinker:

I'm in a similar boat, weight and measurments not changing....but feel and see changes. Gotta whip out that camera.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Seriously--only 5'3?? You look like you're AT GOAL already. Awesome work.

wow. what an great compliment. thanks.

i carry most of my weight in my booty and legs (even down to my calves. i can't wear boots). haha. i have about 15-20lbs to go to reach goal. i'm starting to think my upper half will be really tiny at 120-125....so we'll see. i just want to get to 18-20% body fat. i'm at around 27% now....although, who knows how accurate that is. lol.

thanks again.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Seriously--only 5'3?? You look like you're AT GOAL already. Awesome work.

wow. what an great compliment. thanks.

i carry most of my weight in my booty and legs (even down to my calves. i can't wear boots). haha. i have about 15-20lbs to go to reach goal. i'm starting to think my upper half will be really tiny at 120-125....so we'll see. i just want to get to 18-20% body fat. i'm at around 27% now....although, who knows how accurate that is. lol.

thanks again.

You look fantastic!

And just to add...I carry my weight in my lower body, too. I'm 5'5" and 121lbs and about 20% BF and my upper body is really lean and muscular but I still have some decent flab going on with my lower belly and thighs. That's the plight of us pear-shaped ladies.
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    looks great
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Love your tummy now! Way to keep at it and ignore that wicked scale. There are definitely awesome changes in the new pic. I would have pegged the new pic at 120, already so awesome!!!
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    You look much "sexier" at your higher weight. :)