Successful Harvest

Options

Replies

• trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My Buddies nephew got a nice 12 and his niece got a spike!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My Buddies nephew got a nice 12 and his niece got a spike!

Super cool! Good job to them both! :)
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    I got a nice doe tonight, 22 yards put a Hellrazor broadhead right in the sweet spot. She went about 70 yards and died quick.

IMG_0244Small.jpg
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I got a nice doe tonight, 22 yards put a Hellrazor broadhead right in the sweet spot. She went about 70 yards and died quick.

IMG_0244Small.jpg

Congrats. nice shot!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Congrats. If I was a unethical hunter I could have shot 4 in my back yard yesterday after work from my pourch. they are really tearing up the acorns.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I called in sick today figuring it would be a good day to scout the area I've been seeing deer almost every day on my way home. I was hoping to put up a tree stand. I arrived only to find to find to find that the state had expanded their "protection zone". color me pissed!!!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    That sucks.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Hmm, I wonder why there are 2 "to find" in my last post. crazy.

so, salt in my wound. today on my way home, 2 does and a spike on the edge of the area I tried to scout yesterday. I hate this state!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    This post is quite. Anybody kills anything yet?
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    We got some more out of the park. My dad and I each have three now. I'm cleared to take a buck down now too (have to shoot two antler-less deer to earn one buck from the park but you still have to use a buck tag from your state license). I've been eying some nice bucks that have been coming around my stand. I get back out a week from tomorrow so I'm hoping to get at least one that day too. Last time I was out I had a nice big 6 point, nice spread, chase what I thought were two does right to me. It ended up being a doe and an antler-less buck. I took out the antler-less buck after he came in range, d-pop program mentality, if it is a deer without antlers, and in range, kill it. :) Rut is pretty much in swing now, at least the bucks are feeling it, this fella was certainly trying to see if a doe wanted his company.Big buck came around trying to figure out what happened almost made me so I couldn't get my cross hairs on him. Better not to be seen in that situation I think. I'm loving my crossbow, clean kills, no kick.. Other than a lack of range (which is due to d-pop program restrictions, 20 yard max) I have no qualms with it. I am excited for the rest of the season. Should be well stocked with venison by the end of the season.
  • hunter1025
    Options
    That's awesome. I will be going out Thursday - Sat. Was suppose to take my son for the youth doe season, but his grade are keeping him from hunting so I guess I will have to go out and take one with a bow.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    Hoping to get out this weekend, damn weather has been terrible every day that I can out!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    My dad took down another doe last night. I got approved for leave Wednesday of next week so I am looking forward to getting back out there at that time. :) Good luck this weekend hunter1025!
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Video'd a NICE 8 point while my Hubby was bow hunting.... he passed it up,.... hoping that this week end I'd get a chance to "fling an arrow" at it. Wasn't that sweet!?! Needless to say... this week has passed at a snails pace. Hurry up weekend!!! :happy:
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    post the vid!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    rain/snow mix here tomorrow, highs in the mid 40s. won't be a whole lot of fun in that regard, but opening day is always fun. have 4 tags, so hoping to start dropping steaks in the freezer this week.

well, not the official opening day. state of montana changed that up a few years back, making it a saturday start. but I still go on sundays. saturday start just feels wrong.
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Went out last night and saw the first buck of the season. To bad shooting light was gone. He was 15 yards behind my stand and all I saw was the white rack. I really pumped now. Can't wait until next week.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Nothing but yearlings and some does headed the wrong direction to offer a good shot. Did find some fresh bear scat three times up on the ridge line I was working, then found some fresh tracks in a sand bar. Good sized black. Some cat tracks, too. Either a bit bobcat or a mountain lion. Definitely had some company out there Sunday.

Gonna head back out to the same spot Wednesday and give it another go. If no luck, might try a different area on Thursday.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    Looks like I will have the north wind and a cold front this weekend that I have been waiting for...PUMPED!!