up in weight ...

giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
i have been doing em2lw since around march 23 2012 ... my weight had been down from the end of april till about all of may i ate at a 15% defiecet at tdee.....now its up almost 5 lbs i lift heavier and less cardio since i started i gradually have been increasing weight too. do you all think i should increase calories or cut? my stats are

27 yo female married momma to 3 1/2 yr boy and 10 month old boy!

5'2 1/2
sw 148 8 wks pp
cw 139 ughhh!!!!
gw toned!!!! ( around 133-135 possibly)

132 march- april!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    We never suggest eating less than 15% cut, so I pray you don't consider eating any less.

Now I understand you want to hit a certain number, but that even depends on what your goals truly are, with lifting and going progressively heavier in your weights you will transform the way you look, becoming tight and toned with visible fat loss. BUT, the end result may not be that magical number on the scale. I had to forget my number because right now I am sitting 20lbs over that number but look better than I did at that "goal" weight.

So, I would say be sure to give yourself a diet break by eating TDEE every 4 weeks or so. Many people do an 8-12wk reset of eating TDEE, you may gain weight but it will reset your metabolism to burn higher, you will gain some lean mass and the more mass you have the more fat that lean muscle will help you burn.

Again it isn't a drop weight quick fad, it is eat, lift, gain lean mass, lose bf to get the "look" you want. You may or may not hit that number.

Hope this helps!
    Lucia
    Hope this helps.