WEEK 1 (9/10)

Options
13»

Replies

• KimKramer
    Options
    Im a few days late :/ My current weight is 140lbs!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Sorry I'm totally forgot... My starting weight from 10 Sept: 182.6

Also I'm doing ESE.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Today 71.1 kgs (156.7 lbs)

Thank you sooo much for also putting it in lbs!

YOU ROCK!
    Ya right.....
  • cpsdcarroll
    Options
    had to go out and buy a scale!

weigh 195 lbs
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am a little late...Been sick but I am still ready to do this!! :happy:

168.6 lbs

ETA: lbs...lol
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    100.5, 20% fat on Tanita scale. I think the Tanita scale's bf % reading may be low, but this is the scale I've used for years and it is a baseline.

I'm surprised I'm this low today, because the last day and evening I pigged out on cookies that were lying around.

Goal Weight: 98, 18% bf%. I don't know if that's attainable. If I can stay in the low hundreds most days I'll be satisfied. At the end of the year I was often at 104, 105.

I'm short, small, very middle-aged, and am not underweight. My lowest weight in college was 88, most of my adult life I was in the 90s. I'm going to try to resume activity after a long period of being sedentary. My ankle is still hurts, but I think I can do some moderate exercise.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    112. Was 109 last week, I am going the wrong way! BTW, I am very small, I am not underweight.

I'm small, too. At least right now, let's not assume, as sometimes happens on myfitnesspal, that everyone who is small or not clinically overweight has an ED. Some people want to maintain their weight or get back into a range that was normal and healthy for them in the past.
  • SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    100.5, 20% fat on Tanita scale. I think the Tanita scale's bf % reading may be low, but this is the scale I've used for years and it is a baseline.

I'm surprised I'm this low today, because the last day and evening I pigged out on cookies that were lying around.

Goal Weight: 98, 18% bf%. I don't know if that's attainable. If I can stay in the low hundreds most days I'll be satisfied. At the end of the year I was often at 104, 105.

I'm short, small, very middle-aged, and am not underweight. My lowest weight in college was 88, most of my adult life I was in the 90s. I'm going to try to resume activity after a long period of being sedentary. My ankle is still hurts, but I think I can do some moderate exercise.

Hello there,
    So do you want me to log your weight or your BF%? I can only do 1 or the other.

Thanks!

p.s. I'm gonna' look into that fancy BF% scale of yours. I assume you like it, right?
  • mfpcopine
    Options

Hello there,
    So do you want me to log your weight or your BF%? I can only do 1 or the other.

Thanks!

p.s. I'm gonna' look into that fancy BF% scale of yours. I assume you like it, right?

Sorry, why don't you do weight then? Maybe I'll make a table for myself with weight, bf%, BP, measurements, etc.

Thanks again, SDC.

I sent you a private message about my scale. It's an older Tanita. I think it was $60 8, 10 years ago. I imagine they're cheaper and better now. But yes, I've been happy with it. I try to have reasonable expectations about weight loss technology. For example, I know that the calorie counters on machines are too simplistic for me to rely on.

The Tanita is great as a baseline. If I religiously follow a low-fat diet and exercise, the percentage reading does go down consistently.

Same thing with the weight number. I guess I must be the only person on this forum (excluding this IF group) who generally sees a relationship between reducing calories and a lower number on the scale. If I actually keep to my max, and work out I lose weight. There's no great mystery to it. It's just harder now because I'm older.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Do most people have a set plan of how many days they're going to do IF? I fasted for about 14 hours today. I don't usually have a fixed plan: often I fall into it because I wake up and am not very hungry. There are some days when I really do need to have something in the morning, usually a Venti nonfat latte from Starbucks.

I guess for now I'll try to do it three days a week.
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing ADF as opposed to a 5:2 or 16/8 routine. It fits my lifestyle better. In the end, it is whatever works for you. :) Some people like the rigidity of a specific plan, especially those of us attempting to lose weight. It gets to a point when it becomes a habit though and if you are hungrier than normal one day, you break the plan, because you ultimately need to live life to the fullest and not suffer because of your choices. Just my opinion though. :)
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    IF days so far (14/10 window):

• mfpcopine
    Options
    I am actually doing ADF as opposed to a 5:2 or 16/8 routine. It fits my lifestyle better. In the end, it is whatever works for you. :) Some people like the rigidity of a specific plan, especially those of us attempting to lose weight. It gets to a point when it becomes a habit though and if you are hungrier than normal one day, you break the plan, because you ultimately need to live life to the fullest and not suffer because of your choices. Just my opinion though. :)

Makes perfect sense.
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started IF just this week doing 5/2, and fasted Monday and Thursday. I got on the scale this morning and it read 149! I have not weighed in the 140s in several years. On Monday morning I was at 155, so maybe a couple pounds were from water retention, but still. I'm super excited and just wanted to share.
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's great Melanie!

I know I've lost a few lbs this week too! I love eating like this and can definitely maintain it for a good long while.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    I started IF just this week doing 5/2, and fasted Monday and Thursday. I got on the scale this morning and it read 149! I have not weighed in the 140s in several years. On Monday morning I was at 155, so maybe a couple pounds were from water retention, but still. I'm super excited and just wanted to share.

I'm sure it feels great.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    oh no i forgot to log Dx

cw 130

gw 118

weight to lose: 12 lbs
  • SlickDaddyCool
    Options
    Sorry I am a little late...Been sick but I am still ready to do this!! :happy:

168.6 lbs

ETA: lbs...lol

You're good to go. Thx. :happy:
  • SlickDaddyCool
    Options
    oh no i forgot to log Dx

cw 130

gw 118

weight to lose: 12 lbs

You are all set! Once again, welcome to the group! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.